Sometimes you just really need dessert

I now no longer have a front closet.  It will soon be a hallway but right now it’s a hole to the outdoors.  A cement truck is making its way down the street containing the basement floor and I now look really carefully out the windows and up into skylights before getting dressed, undressed or going to the bathroom.
I really need dessert.
I can bear to have the stove on for all of 10 minutes so panna cotta it will be.  You are going to think that this will never set but it will-have faith.  The worst that could happen is that you would have to serve this over cake as a custard.
That would be terrible :)
Check-out “Dates and Quinces” for another panna cotta recipe (with cherries)-apparently great minds really do think alike-well, she’s great it really depends on the day for myself.
In a pot combine; 1 vanilla pod (split), 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 cup whole milk and 3/4 cup of icing sugar.  Bring to barely a boil, all the while stirring.
Get some pretty cups ready and place a little lump of chocolate in the bottom of each.  Have extra chunks around because little hands are quicker than they seem.

Dissolve; 1 sachet of gelatin in 1/4 cup of boiling water and add to the cream.  Let simmer for 4 minutes.

Let set in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Hide them in the back of the fridge so that you have to share as little as possible.
Well, maybe share it with this wee one who plays the bongos with her Granddad.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly

Comments

1. Young Adventures... says:

Loove panna cotta!! The recipe I uses honey as a sweetener. I love that you put a little bit of chocolate in the cup too. Can't wait to see the results of your remodel. :)

2. adventuresindinner says:

That is a great idea. I'm going to showcase a porkchop recipe tomorrow with honey that I think you'll like.

Cannot waite for this to be done.

3. KB and Whitesnake says:

Yummy!

KB

4. abeachcottage says:

Looks delish. Hope that we get to see the finished product of your remodeling soon. Thanks for dropping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

5. adventuresindinner says:

I hope to see the end of it too. The whole side of the house is now gone. That freaks me out a bit.

6. The Double Dipped Life says:

This looks fabulous! I love how easy it looks. I love your writing style; you made me laugh! (found you through the secret recipe club)

7. adventuresindinner says:

Thanks so much! Hope I can convince you to be a new follower :)

8. Panna cotta and chocolate — oh, you know my idea of heaven!
    This looks pretty simple, something I could do this week. Thanks for the inspiration! And I wanted to wish you a happy SITS day, too!

9. Love the chocolate in the bottom of the cup! We remodeled (or added on, rather) last summer and it was hell having people around all the time, the noise and the dust. I may have eaten a few more desserts than I should have. . .

• Isn’t it a nightmare? I’m still unpacking boxes. We are doing a few cosmetic things this summer, otherwise I’m just going to coast.

10. Love this recipe – so simple! Happy SITS day!

11. Now this is something I can definitely make!!!

12. Came by from Sits Girls – this one looks easy and so delicious!

13. Who knew it could be so easy?! Actually … it’s probably not a good thing that it’s so easy. Uh-oh. :)

14. I’ve always wanted to try making this. I’ll be on vacation soon, this seems like a nice kickin’ back dessert. Stopping by from SITS today.

• It is scarily easy. Just make sure that you clear eveyone out of the kitchen and then spritz yourself with water so that you look like you’ve been working really hard.

15. Yum!

16. This looks so delicious!! And your site is so beautiful!! :-D Happy SITS day!

17. Thats soulds so good rigtht now.

18. I’ve never had panna cotta. Not even sure where is goes in the spectrum of custard, etc. I am impressed you could blog about food with a major home renovation going on. And I love the brown on your walls. Recipe looks yummy. I will have to learn more about this dessert. Happy SITS day. Running a day behind!

• I needed to blog to keep my sanity. I’m actually going to do a house tour now that we’re finally done.

19. I’ve never heard of this before, but it sounds awesome! I think I’m going to try this one…

20. Sounds great and easy. My kind of recipe!

21. *Drooling* Happy SITS Day!