Improv day is here!

Thanks to Kristen who is the great host of
Improv Challenge
for deciding that carrot and ginger should be the focus this month.
Fab, fab combo.
I’ve added my own little twist and created a super muffin that I already have requests to make again.
Carrot Gingerbread Muffins
(as always I make a huge batch so that they don’t disappear in two seconds; this recipe makes 12 humungous muffins or 24 regular sized ones)
Start with; 3 cups of grated carrot, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of butter.
Add; 1 1/2 cups mollasses, 2 T. chopped, crystalized ginger, 4 tsp. ground ginger, 2 tsp. cinnamon, pinch cloves and 4 eggs.
Add 4 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp. baking soda.
Stir until just combined and pour into muffins tins.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 (or until a knife comes out cleanly when inserted)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
It's only fair to share...Email this to someonePrint this pageShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on YummlyShare on TumblrShare on Reddit

Comments

1. Rachel @ My Naturally Frugal Family says

Oh yum and I love the pan you used. This certainly was a fun challenge and I loved that carrot and ginger was selected :)

2. Janel@hatingmartha says

Carrot Gingerbread muffins? That is a brilliant combination! I bet I could sneak those carrots in on Levi in a Gingerbread muffin and he would be none the wiser. Of course…the little strips of orange would have to be fixed. Carrot Baby food perhaps? Yum!

3. Kristen says

I love the tin you used for your muffins. Sometimes the shape is enough so that you just don't even need to bother with frosting. (unless it's my husband we are talking about…he must have frosting on EVERYTHING).

4. Ann from On Sutton Place says

Oh I love your fancy muffin tin! It just makes the muffins so special. They, as always, look delicious. Happy Friday Jane!

5. Chandra@The Plaid and Paisley Kitchen says

Love the Muffin pan you have! These look great! Thanks for sharing! Come check out my Carrot Cake Ice Cream

6. Kiri W. says

Mmmm, I love that you threw in gingerbread spices! How perfect :) Well done with the challenge, I love how many people made desserts when I could only think savory!

7. Tara @ secretsofamomaholic.com says

I love carrot/ginger combos! I just had a great carrot/ginger soup last week that I'm still thinking about!