How’s your cholesteral?

Yesterday I had a really nice light dessert.
This is not the case today.
In fact, if you are a vegetarian you need to click away now.
I have a lovely pie for you tomorrow but you will not like be today while I celebrate one of my favourite foods-bacon.
I’ll get to the bacon in a minute.
You see I was recently reading the latest in a book series that I really like (Hannah Swenson by Joanna Fluke) and it was called “Cinnamon Roll Murder”.
Guess what I needed right away?
That day we also picked-up our pork from the farmer and had some ridiculously large pieces of bacon to contend with (by ridiculous I mean; fabulous, wonderful and wondrous).  A friend had also passed along some early season maple syrup to us.
Well, perfect storm it was so Maple Bacon Sticky Buns were born.
I have 2 cups of lukwarm milk, 2 T. maple syrup and 2 tsp of yeast.
While this proofs (bubbles), I chopped up 4 very thick pieces of bacon.
This got added into my maple and milk mixture.
I made a soft dough with 4 cups of flour and let it sit for 20 minutes.
I’d cooked my bacon on a broiling pan and had all these fantastic drippings that I couldn’t waste.
So I buttered my baking dish with it and added a 1/4 inch of maple syrup.
I rolled out my dough, buttered it with more bacon drippings, gave it a layer of brown sugar and sprinkled with 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.
Rolled it up and sliced into two inch chunks.
Place in my prepared pan, sprinkled with more chunks of bacon (two more thick pieces cut up) and let it sit for 20 minutes.  Bake at 330 for 45 minutes.
Not rich enough yet?
How about a maple glaze?
1/3 cup maple syrup mixed with enough icing sugar (approx. 1 1/2 cup) to make an icing that is think enough to pour.
Yep, that’s just right.
Cover your sticky buns with the glaze.
Try not to let anyone catch you licking the pan.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly

Comments

1. Debbiedoo's says:

YIKES…this would be difficult not to eat all in one sitting. And yes, we all would be licking the pan clean.

2. Jane Craske says:

No one is going to judge here C:

3. Becca Swan says:

Jane, you had me at bacon. ;)
    I will definitely be making these, maybe for hubby's birthday next week.
    YUM!

4. Jane Craske says:

This would be a fab, birthday treat.

5. Michelle Barbeau Photography says:

thanks for sharing them…they were unusual but tasty. I felt like i was eating cinnamon rolls but then got the bacon aftertaste (which is not a bad thing)

6. Jane Craske says:

Bacon aftertaste is always a good idea C:

7. Samantha says:

How SCRUMPTIOUS!

Linking up from eatpray{read}love!

~Samantha

8. Jane Craske says:

Thanks so much! Love your blog C:

9. Lady Behind The Curtain says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your recipe is being featured today at Cast Party Round Up!
    Thank you for sharing your recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday! Please grab a "featured" button —Sheryl—

10. Jane Craske says:

Wow! Thank-you so much! I'll grab a button C:

11. Jessica Lucas says:

Yum – reminds me of the Bacon Rolls from the bakery I worked at in high school. Cinnamon Bun dough, but with bacon rolled up in them. I love the addition of maple though…I'm afraid to make them for fear of eating them all! Have a great day!

jess @
    TupeloCreative.blogspot.com

12. Oh Jane. (It's possible I start all my comments to you this way)

I think I just died from vicarious food bliss.

To Pinterest!

13. Jane Craske says:

Sort of thought of you when I made these. It's not maple candy but…C:

14. Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon says:

My my my…. those look insanely delicious! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!

Take care,

Trish

15. Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com says:

Holy cow! My husband would die from happiness if I made these! I might too! They look great!

Thanks for linking up to my party last week! I am sharing this on my facebook and twitter.. be sure to grab a button! :)

16. My son recently discovered the miraculousness of bacon. I am so guilty for introducing him to its addictive saltine crispness, hahaha. Great recipe! :)

17. OMG- looking away now…I’m scared!!! LOL

18. I can’t imagine how many points this would be on Weight Watchers. Looks AMAZING though! Happy SITS Day! :)

19. Would it be wrong to lick my computer screen? ;) YUM! That looks so delicious! Happy SITS day!

20. I’m gonna try to make this! Happy SITS Day!

21. Luckily, my cholesterol is good. That sticky bread looks yummy! I just wish I liked to cook :)

Stopping by from SITS!

• Give this one a go (it’s pretty satisfying) or even better, Saturday’s post was a quick assembly “Summer Icecream Trifle” that requires no cooking at all.

22. Clearly, myself and most of America have died and gone to heaven knowing that this dish exists!

23. Wow. This is so being added to my “all about bacon” list on SkinnyScoop! (http://www.skinnyscoop.com/list/anotherjennifer/blog-posts-about-bacon)

Happy SITS Day!

24. Wow! This looks ridiculously yummy (and fattening)! Happy SITS Day!

25. Those look pretty intense. Maybe too much for me, but my husband would probably love them.

My daughter, the cook in the family, loves that same book series. I don’t think she’s read the latest one. I’ll have to let her know it’s out.

26. Your blog is beautiful and now I am hungry! Happy Sits Day!

27. wow, yummy.

28. Oh. My.

I firmly believe bacon is one of the major food groups. But I have never had a bacon sticky bread before. I am soooo going to make this!

Visiting from SITS!

29. Amazing you thought to do that!

I have enjoyed several of those Hannah Swenson culinary mysteries myself!
    Visiting you from the SITS girls, and I’ hope you’ve had a spectacular SITS Day!

• Isn’t she sweet? I know they are formulaic but I’ve come to ‘know’ her so well that I couldn’t think to not hang out with her.

30. Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.

*swip*

Sorry, I had to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I am totally making this.

31. I am so hungry right now!!!! Happy SITS day!

32. I just showed this recipe to my husband and he wants to invite you over right away. So how’s your availability?

Happy SITS day!

33. I do love bacon and sweets. Thanks for the recipe!

Trackbacks

1. [...] How’s your chlosterol? You should know before you check out this bacon sticky bread recipe! [...]

2. [...] Maple Bacon Sticky Buns by Adventures in Dinner [...]

3. [...] new buttons and looks around her blog  you don’t want to miss, but check out her lovely light dessert to  she featured that’s also cholesterol friendly.. mmmmmm! Christine has 25 swell [...]

4. [...] new buttons and looks around her blog  you don’t want to miss, but check out her lovely light dessert to  she featured that’s also cholesterol friendly.. mmmmmm! Christine has 25 swell [...]