Muffin Week Day 2: Pina Colada Muffins

Happy second day of muffin week.  Hope that all these ideas give you a chance to make something terrific to start off your day.  I wanted to have a muffin that would remind me of a pina colada.
Here’s the light tasting treat that ensued.
I started with nice, fresh pineapple and chopped in into a 1/2 inch dice.
In a medium bowl I combined; 2 cups chopped pineapple, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 cup shredded coconut (I got unsweetened), 1 cup vanilla flavoured yogurt and 2 eggs.

I added 2 cups of flour and 2 tsp baking powder.

Now this recipe will make 18 standard muffins but I divided them up into 12 regular sized tins and 12 in a donut pan (just for fun).
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 (watch after 12 if you use the tinier pans).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
It's only fair to share...Email this to someonePrint this pageShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponShare on YummlyShare on TumblrShare on Reddit

Comments

1. Life In The Thrifty Lane says

They look so yummy!! Love how you always use lots of fruits in your muffins!

2. Jane Craske says

Bridget, so happy to have you here!

Veronica, I love to use up whatever is in the house with my muffins. So quick and easy C:

3. Jennifer says

These look wonderful! Wish they were gluten free. Maybe I can adapt them? :) Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

4. Jane Craske says

Ok, to gluten free them. Let's say you replace the flour with an equal mixture of 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup rice flour, a T. of xanthum gum and 1/4 cup of potato starch. That SHOULD do the trick. You might need a bit more rice flour.

5. Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com says

Ohhh.. looks great! I never thought to make muffins with chopped pineapple. Bet they were so good!

6. Debbiedoo's says

Oh geez, now I am going to be singing "if you like pina colada's"! These look wonderful.