Happy Sunday and even happier Father’s Day!
We’ve been having a great day in the garden and hopefully have everything planted now.
I’ve got lots of treats ready to share from it in my next mini-mag coming in early July.
DH got a Daddy shirt from small one and a beer making kit from me. He’s pretty excited puttering with the two.
I know that my kiddo is super lucky to have the Daddy that she has.
From the moment he found out we were going to have her-he was hooked.
He’s not a big talker but he is a deep thinker and where his wee girl is concerned he has an eye on her future at all times.
It’s amazing to see a man who always reassured me that he was ok when we were told we couldn’t have children and that he wasn’t missing anything because of it, have his entire universe revolve around one, tiny and energetic little person.
Someone like that deserves their favourite meal-often.
So, of course special ribs are on the menu today and as I had to play with this recipe a few times ribs have been plentiful the past two weeks.
I wanted really moist ribs and I’ve found that cooking them in parcels with lots of flavours you end up with ribs that are tender but still great with bbq sauce. If you don’t have parchment paper, just use foil instead.
While they are cooking, get your gorgeous sauce going.
By cooking the pineapple in a dry pan you are able to intensify the flavour of this luscious fruit.
Slather on the sauce and let everyone hang-out together for at least 30 minutes.
A quick turn on the grill and look what you get!
This recipe even makes extra sauce that honestly would make a flip flop taste great.
I paired them with oven fries made with both yukon gold and sweet potatoes.
- 2 lbs ribs
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ½ cup thinly sliced pineapple
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 small pineapple ( 2 cups, cut into chunks)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 T honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle
- 2 tsp molasses
- Cut ribs into four section pieces, rub with 2 T dijon, top with 4 slices pineapple, 2 T pineapple juice and wrap tightly in parchment. Cook on grill (or in oven) at 275 for 1 hour.
- For the sauce: Carmelise 2 cups pineapple in a dry sauce pan until slightly coloured. Add; honey and other remaining ingredients. Let cook for 10 minutes and blitz with handblender (or in a blender) until smooth.
- Take ribs out of parchment parcels, rub with sauce and bbq at 375-400 until browned all over (approx. 5 minutes).
Make sure you check out these other amazing Father’s Day recipes from my fellow #SundaySupper participants
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Crackers by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite