Tailgating, a phenom that we don’t see much in Canada, alas.
Eating super, yummy food in a stadium parking lot in readiness of watching your favourite team become victorious.
Tailgating in Canada is more an at home activity with everyone camped in front of the television-again hoping for a win but without having to brave a stadium.
Keep in mind also that my favourite football team is the Seahawks.
Victory comes rarely.
However, we can still eat great food and every game is a possible win.
A nice curry chicken that is eaten either hot or cold is perfect for a big group and using the BBQ lets me pretend that I’m having real tandoori.
The only real work that I do for this dish is mixing up a marinade and letting my chicken sit in the fridge.
It’s delicious with rice and a vegetable curry as side dishes or tucked into a bun and eaten with cheddar and chutney.
A rummage in your spice cupboard and something special really emerges.
I know that stocking a spice collection is a daunting task.
Only pick up a small quantity (spices go off quickly) and don’t try and do it all at once. A bit at a time is the way to go.
Look at the yummy caramelizing on the outside of the chicken that you end up with.
And what to serve with this dish?
A great veg curry and I’ll share that with you on Tuesday. My rice is simply a nice basmati cooked in a bit of chicken stock and at the end…tossed with chunks of mango.
- 1x2 lb chicken (cut into pieces)
- 2 T curry paste
- 1 T madras curry
- 1 T tandoor curry
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 T tumeric
- 1 T chilli powder
- 1 T brown mustard seeds
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups plain yoghurt
- Mix all ingredients together. Poke the chicken pieces with a fork and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes. BBQ at 375 degrees for 15-25 minutes (depending upon the size of your chicken) or until the juices run clear.
Warm Ups (Appetizers):
- Bacon and Onion Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesy Harissa and Fig Dip by MarocMama
- Cheesy Jalapeño Fritters by La Cocina de Leslie
- Chicken Fajita Dip and Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Crab Rangoons by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Double Cheese Dill Scones by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Fried Yucca With Pink Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Grilled Corn Dip by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Grilled Gameday Nachos by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Potato Chips w/ Blue Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Jalapeno Popper Dip by The Messy Baker
- Liptauer Cheese Spread by Magnolia Days
- Mahogany Baked Chicken Wings by The Dinner-Mom
- Mexican Corn Dip by Growing Up Gabel
- Pizza Dip by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Posh Pigs In a Blanket by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pretzel Nuggets by I Run For Wine
- Roasted Balsamic Smoked Sausage, Red Grape and Brussels Sprouts Bites by Eat, Move, Shine
- Roasted Garlic & Tomatillo Salsa Verde by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Savory Baked Pinwheel’s by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Sesame Glazed Cauliflower “Wings” by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Stuffed Banana Pepper Bites by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Skins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Tabbouleh Salad with Golden Raisins by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vincent Jackson’s Buccin’ Delicious Nachos by My Other City By The Bay
Game Time (Main Dishes and Sides):
- 1,2,3,4,5 Chinese Spareribs by The Urban Mrs
- Bacon Burger Sliders by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef on Weck by Healthy. Delicious.
- Carrot Slaw by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheerwine BBQ Pulled Pork by Nik Snacks
- Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Quesadillas by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chicken, Brie and Apple Turnovers by Shockingly Delicious
- Easy Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Chicken Sandwiches by Foxes Love Lemons
- Frito Olé by Home Cooking Memories
- Gomoku Treasure Rice by NinjaBaking.com
- Grilled Fajita Kebabs by CuriousCuisiniere
- Hatch Cheddar Burgers by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Hatch Chile Pimento Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Italian Sliders with Basil Pimento Cheese by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Italian Tuna and Shells Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pressed Brick Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pulled Lamb Barbecue Sandwiches by The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Soup by Neighborfood
- Smoky Turkey Burgers by Webicurean
- Snorker and Spicy Slaw Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Tandoori BBQ Chicken by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Overtime (Drinks and Desserts):
- Coconut Funfetti Ice Cream Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Funfetti Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Individual Elvis Pies by Treats & Trinkets
- Portuguese Sangria by Family Foodie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement