Having so much fun with peaches this month and my family and friends are just as happy with it.
This recipe is for a pie that is assembly only. It is a total cheat. It’s the type of dessert that you can make on the weekend and during the week you can pull it out and look like a miracle worker.
I started by lining a cake pan (a springform or pie plate will work just great too) with clingfilm.
4 storebought (make your own if you’d like) meringues crushed into large chunks were placed on the bottom followed by a thick (3 inch) layer of vanilla icecream.
A handful of chopped, roasted almonds and a drizzle of nutella became the filling with another layer of meringues crushed on the top.
top with peaches.
- 8 prepared meringues (crushed into large chunks)
- 3 cups vanilla icecream
- ⅓ cup nutella (slightly softened to allow for easy drizzling)
- ⅓ cup roast and chopped almonds
- 4 sliced peaches
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup white balsamic
- Line 9 inch cake pan with enough plastic wrap to eventually cover the top of your finished 'cake'. Place ½ of crushed meringue on the bottom, top with icecream, nutella and almonds. Layer on the last of your meringue and wrap with plastic. Put to bed in the freezer.
- For Peach Topping:
- Combine all ingredients and let sit a minimum of 15 minutes.