We’re all about squash today with Sunday Supper and we’ve been loving it.
This dish got served warm and then taken for lunch cold.
I learned a trick a few years ago of roasting squash with it’s skin on after tossing it in a tiny bit of oil.
By doing so it is tender enough for us to enjoy and gets a lot of fibre into the family in a rather sneaky way.
That’s actually the hardest part of this whole recipe.
The rest of the dish is a simple assembly of the dressing that you pour right over the roasted squash and cook-up some spaghetti.
Garlic, shaved ginger, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, honey, parsley and cider vinegar make up the rest of this amazing dish.
You’re going to notice that I tossed in a bit of chopped-up bacon too. Don’t bother. It doesn’t add anything and I wouldn’t have bothered if we didn’t have some cooked and at hand.
I think my favourite part of the meal is that fact you just have to mix everything together.
It doesn’t hurt that it looks so pretty while being mixed either.
As small one says “Da Da!”
- 2½ cups chopped acorn squash or pumpkin (skin on and roughly 2 inch x 2 inch) tossed with 1 tsp oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 T honey
- 2 T sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅛ cup cider vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed chillis
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- Six cups cooked pasta
- Roast squash in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until JUST softened. Let cool.
- Place in a large bowl and add all dressing ingredients.
- Mix in pasta and let sit a minimum of 10 minutes to allow the flavours to meld together.
- Serves 4 for dinner and 2 more the next day for lunch.
Breakfasts and Breads
- Maple Butternut Squash Donuts from Mess Makes Food
- Pumpkin Scones with Maple Nutmeg Icing from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Pumpkin Sweet Rolls from Basic N Delicious
- Winter Squash Rolls from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Appetizers, Starters, and Condiments
- Butternut Squash and Couscous Patties-Indian Inspired from Soni’s Food
- Pumpkin Hummus with Spiced Lamb from girlichef
- Quick Pumpkin Butter from Shockingly Delicious
Soups, Sandwiches, and Salads
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chili from Supper for a Steal
- Black Bean Pumpkin Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Grilled Cheese from Ruffles & Truffles
- Butternut Squash Soup from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Butternut Squash Soup with Spiced Crème Fraîche from 30AEats.com
- Roasted Buttercup Squash and Black Bean Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Roasted Squash and Mexican Black Bean Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Roasted Squash and Sesame Noodle Salad from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Quesadillas from The Dinner-Mom
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Balsamic Brown Butter from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Butternut Squash Lasagna from Hip Foodie Mom
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese from A distinguished palate
- Butternut Squash-Sage Cream Sauce with Sausage Spaghetti from Daily Dish Recipes
- Carnival Squash with Maple Sausage Stuffing from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Butternut Squash with Spicy Wild Rice and Queso Fresco from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Pumpkin Alfredo from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Enchiladas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Risotto with Bacon, Goat Cheese, and Pecans from The Weekend Gourmet
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprout Pizza from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Messy Baker
- Spaghetti Squash in a Creamy Sausage Sauce from Cookin’ Mimi
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi from Pescetarian Journal
- Acorn Squash with Cinnamon and Cranberries from Noshing With The Nolands
- Butternut Squash & Apple Bake from The Foodie Army Wife
- Butternut Squash Gratin with Sage Pesto & Gorgonzola from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Butternut Squash Risotto from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chorizo and Craisin Stuffed Acorn Squash from Family Foodie
- Parmesan-Roasted Acorn Squash from The Urban Mrs
- Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese from Big Bear’s Wife
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Balsamic Vinegar Honey Butter from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Kale, Mushrooms and Garlic from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Roasted Kuri and Buttercup Squash with Rosemary from Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Buttercup Squash with Bacon from Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Squash and Apples from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Chipotle Butternut Squash Fries from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Twice Baked Pumpkin Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Butternut Squash and Apple Crumble from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Butternut Squash Cupcakes with Browned Butter Frosting from Treats & Trinkets
- Butternut Squash Pie with Cinnamon-Brandy Whipped Cream from The Texan New Yorker
- Layered Pumpkin Gingerbread with Hot Caramel Sauce from Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars from Pies and Plots
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Squashin’ Winter #SundaySupper from Enofylz Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.