We’ve been back to school this week, back to ballet lessons and even time to enroll small one into kindergarten for next year. While you read this I’ll be madly running around getting small one’s birthday party rolling. Those of you who follow me on FB and instagram have seen the start of her ‘Star Wars’ extravaganza.
To be honest, I really have trouble getting her birthdays together. They are always the first week back and because of our lovely weather here we are forced to have parties inside. I’ll show you all the fun in the next few weeks.
I’m going to offer a special treat to the parents that are bringing their babes to my house, we’re freezing and anything to warm up is welcome. I’ve got a twist on a toddy that is making me super happy today.
Sweet but not too much and a bit of a kick.
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 (64-ounce) bottle cranberry-pomegranate juice drink
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 3/4 cups gold rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sugar cane sticks or cinnamon sticks (optional)
1. Combine cinnamon sticks, juice drink, and ginger slices in a large Dutch oven, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes. Discard cinnamon sticks and ginger slices. Stir in rum and lime juice; serve warm. Garnish with sugar cane sticks or cinnamon sticks, if desired.