Yay! We’re having a chili cook-off today for #SundaySupper and I want to try them all.
Please, please, please visit as many of these amazing recipes as you can. I hope to get to a whole lot of them. Work has been bonkers and I’ve been helping out with our school play making copious amounts of costumes for ‘Charlotte’s Web’ so I’ve been awful lately getting to my blogging friends.
This was actually one of the hardest challenges that I’ve gotten from SS so far. Why? Well, there are a lot of yummy chilies out there and I’ve made up a few of my own but I wanted something different.
What I was really interested in was Thai food. I had a big chunk of lemongrass in my freezer that balefully stared me in the face everytime I opened it. Thai chili it was.
I picked some pretty veg; peppers, heirloom carrots and celery and sauteed them with coconut oil. Instantly your house will smell amazing.
Add in ground chicken or turkey and the entire contents of your spice cupboard. You’ll be amazed at how many servings of chili you’ll enjoy with a tiny bit of meat.
How to bump-up that Thai taste? Add in peanut butter (crunchy), fish sauce, soy sauce, lemon grass and coconut milk.
Finally, stewed tomatoes and chicken stock.
Layer in chopped, fresh basil and cilantro.
And finish with lime wedges and more fresh herbs.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups of each chopped celery, red peppers, carrot
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon each cardamon seeds, crushed chilli, mustard seeds and dried ginger
- 1½ T cumin
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 1 pound of ground chicken or turkey
- 400 mL coconut milk
- 500 mL of canned tomatoes
- 2 inch chunk of lemongrass
- 4 cups of white kidney beans or Canelli beans
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 T crunchy peanut butter
- 1 T fish sauce
- Lime wedges and fresh, chopped basil and cilantro to serve.
- Saute the veg together with the garlic in coconut oil until the veg start to soften. Add in the spices, sauces, peanut butter (over a medium heat) and the chicken. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add in other ingredients and simmer for 45 minutes or place in a slowcooker for 3 hours on high (6 on low).
- Enjoy with lime wedges and fresh herbs.
Beef and Bison Chilis
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Kim’s Kickin’ Chili from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
- Apple and Red Ale Pulled Pork Chili from Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork Chili from Melanie Makes
- Roast Adobo Pork and Vegetable Packed Chili from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chilis
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Chicken Chili from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo)
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chilis
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- 3 Bean Sunday Chili from An Appealing Plan
- Buffalo Chickpea Chili from Alida’s Kitchen
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.