You make me happy every week.
A new treat challenge and an excuse to try something totally new.
Have you met the creator? Isabel over at ‘Family Foodie’ is the powerhouse. She reminds me of a dirvish.
This week’s hostess is Susan from ‘Little Red Kitchen’ and is just a total love.
Which is what we’re focusing on this week. Perfect little recipes for two.
DH and I had a surprise couple of hours together and we took the opportunity to just-chat.
Langourous talk about what we wanted to do in the future. Chatting about friends, maybe a party to be thrown for no reason at all…you know, the way that you talk to your best friend.
I had a couple of filets of salmon defrosting in the fridge and we wanted a bit of spice so I took five minutes while he sat with me and whipped up salmon pakora.
The salmon filets got sliced into chunks and dredged through before,
being briefly fried in oil.
Quick, golden and beautiful.
Perfect with a bit of chutney on the side and your best friend. Need a chutney recipe? Here you go.
- 2 filet salmon (cut into 2 inch chunks)
- 1½ cup flour
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 T tumeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- pinch sea salt
- up to 6 oz water
- oil for frying
- Mix batter ingredients together to form a batter the same consistency that you'd have for pancakes. Heat canola or vegetable oil (3 inches worth) to 350 degrees. Fry (don't crowd the pan) dredged salmon chunks until just golden and serve with chutney.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papiollte from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Langoustine Pasta with White Wine-Butter Sauce from Healthy.Delicious.
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, plus a Fennel and Apple Slaw from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malted Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.