Oh, game day!
I’m excited about today. MY team is actually in the superbowl. This is not an everyday occurrence for a Seahawks fan.
Extra special treats are needed and #SundaySupper let me have a great excuse to play with a really decadent treat.
Friday I shared Mac and Cheese done in the slowcooker.
That recipe makes A LOT of Mac and Cheese.
Don’t get me wrong-it’s lovely reheated but what about wrapped in pastry and crisped-up?
Mac and Cheese Springrolls, so yummy and so easy since you don’t have to deep fry anything.
Want to make them way ahead? Just pop them assembled but not cooked into the freezer and they can be a special treat for you anytime you’d like.
Strictly speaking-these aren’t springrolls.
To make proper springrolls you need to have a specific wrap and traditionally they are deepfried. I wanted a treat that used what I easily could find at my local grocery store and I didn’t want to fuss with lots of oil.
Start with a sheet of phyllo dough and brush with oil (I used a nice olive oil-I find they crisp better using oil than butter) and then repeat with another sheet. In all, I measured that I used 2 tsp of oil/sheet of phyllo.
Slice your phyllo down the centre and then in half. For every two sheets of phyllo, you’ll be able to make 4 springrolls. Add 1/3 cup mac and cheese to the middle of one end, fold the sides in and roll. Give the top a little brush of oil (1/4 tsp in all) and at this point you can easily freeze the rolls and have them at a later date.
But for game day…
Serve with spicy sriracha or ketchup to dip and enjoy piping hot or or room temperature.
Here’s a sneak peek at all the Game Day deliciousness we have coming your way this Sunday!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Mama’s Kitchen Chaos
- Gluten Free Cheese and Onion Rolls from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach Dip Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Puffs from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmegiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Popcorn-Crusted Chicken Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp with Lemon Garlic Aioli from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Vegan Puppy Chow from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Cheesecake Squares with a Biscoff Crust from Desserts Required
- Sesame Honey Sticks from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Gooey S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag
and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.