Ahh, my last noodle recipe for this month that hopefully has celebrated all sorts of treats.
I thought I’d finish with a really lovely recipe of something super light which will hopefully bring the spring FINALLY to my area.
Fingers crossed. Here’s ‘Cooking Light’s’ beautiful recipe and underneath…my photo version. The only change that I made was to use canned clams and I happened to have some Quinoa spaghetti so I threw that in and it was delish!
Happiness is a light meal that is also convenient.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds littleneck clams
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
2. Finely chop parsley; add oregano and rind.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, red pepper, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Add wine and clams; cover and simmer 5 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
4. Combine clam mixture, pasta, butter, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; toss until butter melts. Sprinkle with parsley mixture; toss well.
Sustainable Choice: Fresh clams are not only sustainable, but they also require no feed and they filter the water in which they live.