This month’s theme was Easter and I had rabbits in mind (obvi) and what do bunnies like? Carrots….ok, I know, it was a pretty straightforward, thought process but considering how sleep deprived I am most of the time I just like to be reassured that I even have a thought process once-in-awhile.
I wanted this to be a mix of a bread and cake so we could grab and go with this treat in the morning.
I started by cutting shredded carrots, fresh thyme, lemon zest, sugar, butter and flour together to resemble crumbs.
While that was happening yeast was proofed in warm water and a bit of sweet before adding fat eggs to it.
Combine the two together,
and put into a pretty, fluted bundt pan.
When puffed, browned and cooled-cross your fingers and take the cake out.
Make a yummy glaze out of lemon juice, zest and icing sugar and douse the whole thing.
- 1¼ cups warm water
- 1 T yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4½ cups flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1¼ cup of shredded carrot
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 3 T icing sugar
- Proof the sponge mixture until frothy, add the eggs and beat with a fork. Rub together the cake mixture and add the sponge. Pour into greased bundt pan, bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool before taking out of the pan. Mix glaze ingredients and pour over the cake.
- Babka with Bittersweet Chocolate Chunks from Laura at The Spiced Life
- Bunny Nest Carrot Mini Bundts from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Bursting-With-Berries Lemon Curd Bundt Cake from Felice at All That’s Left Are Crumbs
- Carrot Tea Cake from Vonnie at My Catholic Kitchen
- Colorful Spring Bundt Cake from Varada at Varada’s Kitchen
- Easter Bunny Bundt from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Easter Egg Cake from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Easter Pound Cake from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Hot Cross Mini Bundt from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Lemon & Elderflower Bundt Cake from Maria at Box of Stolen Socks
- Lemon Coconut Bundt Cake from Kathia at Basic N Delicious
- Mini Lemon Spring Bundts from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Pineapple Pale Ale Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze from Melanie at Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days