Happy Sunday and very happy #SundaySupper, are you ready to stuff, roll and wrap?
Amy from Kimchimom is our lovely host today and from the previews that I’ve seen-wow! We are all in for some spectacular treats.
I was really excited about this because I have been trying to make lunch for myself.
It doesn’t sound revolutionary but if you’re a parent you know what I’m talking about. Everybody gets lunch but you.
In my case, I get lunch ready for DH, small one gets her lunch from preschool but I do pack her breakfast and I leave lunch in the fridge for my FIL.
I’m lucky usually if I get my thermos filled with coffee.
I’m trying to change that though and have a few lunches in ‘my back pocket’. In fact, I think that I’m going to make this a feature in the next little while as an excuse to make sure I’m getting fed.
I decided to make my favourite egg salad sandwich into something even more luscious and really easy to transport all thanks to rice wrappers that just need to be dipped into hot water.
30 seconds immersed and you are ready to go.
And the luscious special part? A sort of slaw made out of fresh herbs, mayo, avocado and shredded carrot.
put on a plate and enjoyed right that minute.
- Carrot Salad:
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 avocado
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- ¼ cup mayonaise
- 12 rice wraps
- 2 cups julienne cucumber
- 4 eggs (hardboiled and sliced into thirds
- Mix slaw ingredients together. Soften rice wraps in VERY hot (but not boiling) water. Lay on a tea towel add egg slices (3), cucumber and 2 T of slaw.
- Fold in ends and roll. Eat right away or for a packed lunch.
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Shell Pierogies by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root and Lentil Lettuce Wraps with Yogurt-Garlic Dressing by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Thai Peanut Stuffed Jalapenos by Healthy. Delicious.
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Grandma Katrinas’ Russian Cabbage rolls (Golubtsy) by European Cutie
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Lunchroom Meatroll by MarocMama
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Southwest Breakfast Burrito by It’s Yummi!
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Steak Smothered Burritos by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Greek Rolled Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sause by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Bread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Herbed Venison Lettuce Wraps by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet