EEEE! My husband’s favourite time each month-bundt day!
You see each month I HAVE to make a fabulous bundt cake.
They last, on average until the end of the evening that they are made.
This one didn’t even last that long. Our challenge this month was a bundt cake with stone fruit in it.
What took me the longest with this recipe? Having to rebuy the fruit three times before I actually got the cake made.
My family loves cherries.
This is another dump everything in one bowl and run recipe.
Honestly, who wants to do anything more complicated than that?
I love playing with olive oil cakes lately and this one is a new fav.
Beat candied ginger and peel together with oil and sugar with dried ginger.
Add in eggs.
Fold in pitted cherries.
Get your pan ready by buttering it up and lining with sliced almonds and simply dump milk, flour and baking powder into the rest of the cake.
Bake and let cool before enjoying every crumb.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1T each chopped candied ginger and peel
- 1 tsp ginger
- pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2¾ cup flour
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Cooking spray or butter for bundt pan
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- Beat oil and sugar together. Add ginger (candied and dried) and peel and add eggs. Fold in cherries and then salt, flour, baking powder and milk. Coat your bundt pan and add almonds to the bottom. Pour in cake batter and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out cleanly.
Make sure you try out these other gorgeous cakes-these gals are crazy talented.
- All-American Chocolate Cherry Pie Cake from Lauren at So You Think You Can Cook
- Black Forest Bundt Cake with Cherry Ganache Topping from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Cherry Almond Ginger Bundt from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cherry Carrot & Banana Bundt from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Avocado Bundt Cake from Terri at Love and Confections
- Cinnamon Peach Bundt Cake from Bea and Mara at I Love Bundts
- Peaches n Cream Melba Bundt Cake from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Peachy Bundt from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Plum, Chocolate and Orange Bundt Cake by Maria at Box of Stolen Socks
- Roasted Cherry Kugelhopf with Cherry Bourbon Glaze by Tux from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Upside-down Apricot Butter Bundt from Stacy at Food Lust People Love