For a few years now I’ve been making a gorgeous watermelon, mint, feta and black pepper salad.
It makes me happy everytime I have it.
But by now I think everyone knows that I have to constantly play with a dish and this is no exception.
I started with cucumber, watermelon and the feta.
Chopped mint, balsamic glaze and feta get added.
And now for the totally fun part. Slice a fennel bulb into 1/2 inch chunks and coat with a wee bit of olive oil before grilling.
Add into the rest of the salad while still warm.
How could you say no?
Enjoy with your favourite bbq main. We opted for smoked ribs and ummm wow.
- ½ cup feta
- 3 cups each cubed cucumber and watermelon
- ½ tsp roughly cracked pepper
- ½ cup chopped, fresh mint
- 2 T Balsamic glaze
- 1 fennel bulb (sliced into ½ inch pieces and tossed with 1 T olive oil)
- Combine all but the fennel bulb.
- Set the bbq on 375 and grill until just softened. Add into the rest of the salad and enjoy.