We’re Summer Chillin’ today with #SundaySupper and I’ve got a super treat to share. Special thanks to our gorgeous host Alaiyo from the Pescatarian Journal.
I’ve had this idea for awhile now but it’s only in the last week that I was able to put the missing pieces together.
I wanted a dessert that was colossally pretty but didn’t take a lot of effort to make and didn’t heat up my kitchen.
So I started with lining a bowl with plastic wrap and topping with cake. I had a Victorian Sponge on hand but I’m honestly going to make this the next time with a grocery story pound cake or golden loaf.
Then came the fun part. I took a pint of coconut icecream and then it slightly soften that I mashed; dark chocolate and dried, sour cherries. Next came blueberries and raspberries-don’t worry the raspberries will mush a bit. Drizzle in chocolate syrup and give it one more half stir.
Pour into your cake lined bowl and top with more thin slices of cake before gathering up the plastic wrap and giving everything a little pat before putting it to bed in the freezer. You’ll need at least a couple of hours to freeze or overnight.
When solid, unwrap and cover with melted dark chocolate and more berries.
Slice a wedge and enjoy.
- 1 vanilla loaf (golden or pound cake) sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup each dried cherries and dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup each blueberries and raspberries
- 1 pint icecream (I love coconut for this)
- 1T chocolate sauce
- 1 cup dark chocolate pieces (melted over hot water)
- 1 cup raspberries
- Line a freezer friendly bowl with plastic wrap and then slices of cake (keep some to the side to allow for the topping). Mix filling ingredients together, trying not to mash the raspberries too much and add to cake lined bowl. Top with last of cake, cover and freeze.
- When solid, unwrap and turn out onto a pretty plate or cutting board. Cover with melted chocolate and enjoy with more fresh raspberries.
- Camping Sangria from Simply Healthy Family
- Mocha Madness Milkshake from Desserts Required
- Salt Savory Greek Yogurt Lassi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Skinny Watermelon Mojito from Peanut Butter & Peppers
- Southern Sweet Tea from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry Mango White Sangria from The Texan New Yorker
- The Polar Cap Drink from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vanilla Root Beer Cream Soda from Feed Me, Seymour
- Avocado Hummus Dip from Shockingly Delicious
- Chilled Beet Soup (Chlodnik) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chilled Cucumber-Buttermilk Soup from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gazpacho from Jelly Toast
- Green Gazpacho from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Bak Kwa (Grilled Chili Pork Jerky) from Food Lust People Love
- Rabarbersuppe Med Vin (Danish Rhubarb Wine Soup from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mexican Flag Guacamole from What Smells So Good?
- White Gazpacho from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Snappy Salads and Sides
- Antipasto Tortellini Pasta Salad from Neighborfood
- Broccoli Salad from Flavor Mosaic
- Cold Peanut Noodles from girlichef
- Greek Orzo Salad from Casa de Crews
- Korean Salad from Noshing With The Nolands
- Layered Salad from Delaware Girl Eats
- One-Hour Pretzel Bites from Mess Makes Food
- Pesto Pasta Salad from Supper for a Steal
- Picnic Orzo Salad from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Red, White and Blueberry Watermelon Delight from Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Spinach Salad with Curried Apple and Cashew Dressing from Peaceful Cooking
- Tortellini Pesto Salad from Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Tuna and Potato Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Quinoa Fruit Salad from Simply Gourmet
- Risotto with Melon from Confessions of A Culinary Diva
- Tuna Tartare from Kimchi Mom
- Watermelon, Mango & Arugula Salad from Take a Bite Out of Boca
Refreshing Main Dishes
- Buffalo and Blue Cheese Chicken Salad from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad from Cookin’ Mimi
- Jalapeno Ham Salad (for sandwiches) from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Melon and Salami Sandwiches on Rye from Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Shrimp Ceviche from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Surimi Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Zucchini Lasagna from Nosh My Way
- Berry Ice Cream Bomb from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cherry Cream Cheese Ice Cream from Magnolia Days
- Chocolate, Nutella and Pistachio Gelato from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Dairy Free Lemon Ice Cream from Healthy. Delicious.
- Lemon Curd Parfait from Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Thyme Ice Pops from Country Girl in the Village
- Mocha Latte Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- No Maker Required Berry Ice Cream from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- No-Bake Penuche Drop Cookies from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- No-Bake Raspberry and Japanese Yuzu Citrus Bars from NinjaBaking.com
- Olive Oil Gelato from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Pluot Ice Cream from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Raspberries and Cream Panna Cotta from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Salted Caramel Gelato from Manu’s Menu
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwiches from The Redhead Baker
- Strawberry Yum Ice Cream from Brunch with Joy
- Trio of Fruity Ice Cream Toppings from Foxes Love Lemons
- Vanilla Bean Chia Seed Pudding from Pies and Plots
- White Chocolate Fruit Dip from Hezzi D’s Book and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.