Special thanks to Melanie from ‘Melanie Makes’ for being such a fab hostess this week.
Everyone got togethe5r this week to create the most amazing Summer BBQ and you are all invited.
I’ve got a bit of a bizarro one this week but give it a chance. You’ll love this.
Whole calamari stuffed with crumbs and green onions, wrapped with bacon and studded with rosemary.
Totally fantastic tasting, looks gorgeous AND is super cheap.
I bought by calamari from my local grocery store in the frozen fish section. I chose cleaned and without the tentacles. Just let the defrost on the counter top and then give them a quick rinse just before your ready to assemble. You can often find the same thing at a fish market but I always like to use ingredients that you can easily find. Doesn’t it just bug you when there’s a pretty recipe but you have to run all over town for the ingredients? That just isn’t likely to happen for most of us.
Mix bread crumbs with salt, pepper and chopped green onion. Loosely stuff each calimari, wrap in a piece of bacon and stud with a rosemary stick. Salt and pepper the outside.
Now, wasn’t that simple? I know, calamari always looks so complicated but really it’s the easiest fish you can cook. Heat the bbq to 400 degrees and place the squid on it for approximately 10 minutes with the lid closed.
How will you know it’s done?
1) The bacon is cooked.
2) The calamari turns VERY white.
I like to spritz the whole thing with lemon and enjoy on a bed of arugula.
- 6 calamari
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- 4 slices of bread (crumbed to equal 2½ cups)
- 2 chopped onions
- 6 slices of bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- arugula for serving on and lemon slices for dousing
- Mix bread and green onions with ¼ tsp each of salt and pepper. Stuff each squid. Wrap each with a slice of bacon, poke with a rosemary sprig and salt and pepper each. Place on a 400 degree bbq (don't turn if you want white tops like mine-turn if you'd like grill marks) and close the lid. Check after 7 minutes. You're looking for cooked bacon and bright white calamari. Serve on a bed of arugula, dressing with fresh lemon juice.
- Best Wines For A Summer BBQ Party from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Grilled Peach and Cinnamon Whiskey Sour from Peaceful Cooking
- How To Make Fresh Squeezed Lemonade from Life Tastes Good
- Pineapple Margaritas from The Messy Baker
- Stone Fruit Sangria from Because I Like Chocolate
- Strawberry Lemonade from Basic N Delicious
Sides and Accompaniments
- Cucumber Salad with Blackberry Browned Butter Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Easy Fruity Salad from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime Butter from The Redhead Baker
- Jacques’ Cucumber Salad with Onions from Food Lust People Love
- Mango Peanut Slaw from The Texan New Yorker
- Mom’s Classic Macaroni Salad from Webicurean
- Roasted Strawberry BBQ Sauce from Bobby’s Kozy Kitchen
- Two Tomato Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Vegan Boston-Style Baked Beans from Pescetarian Journal
- Asian-Style Pasta with Gochujang Peanut Sauce from Wallflour Girl
- Barbecue Ribs from girlichef
- BBQ Stuffed Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bistecca from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Competition Baby Back Ribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Clams with Chorizo from Noshing With The Nolands
- Grilled Sanma from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil from Nosh My Way
- Grilled Swordfish and Eggplant with Fusilli and Tomatoes from Cooking Chat
- Grilled Wings from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hawaiian BBQ Pork Sandwiches with Pineapple Salsa from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Lemon Oregano Spatchcock Chicken from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mango Beef Kebabs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Roasted BBQ Ribs from Feed Me, Seymour
- Steak Skewers with Chimichurri from Jelly Toast
- Sweet and Tangy Blueberry BBQ Chicken Pizza from Simply Gourmet
- Amazing S’mores 7-Layer Bars from Flavor Mosaic
- Banana Pudding Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blackberry Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry and Raspberry Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Farm Stand Blackberry Buckle from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Crumble from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Sweet Balsamic Syrup from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Hot Fudge Ice Cream Pie from Melanie Makes
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Ricotta Bars from The Foodie Army Wife
- Old Fashioned Sour Cherry Pie from Pies and Plots
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- S’mores Chocolate Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.