Ready for a gorgeous cake?
How about a whole bunch of amazing cakes from some of the best gals I know?
Yep, it’s DH’s favourite day of the month-Bundt Bakers reveal. Why does he especially like reveal day?
Well, usually right after reveal day I tend to make the next month’s cake C:
I’m not going to tell you what is on tap for next month but you’ll have to trust me-it’s fabulous.
This month we all put our ‘Winnie The Pooh’ hats on and think of everything we love about honey.
I went back in time and though about afterschool snacks and one of my favs was a banana and honey sandwich.
I used a non-stick bundt pan and started with a layer of honey and dried bananas. I found ones that were naturally dried with no other sugar on them. They were ore chewy than crunchy.
Next up is an easy mash of bananas, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg with a couple of eggs tossed in. Fold in a bit of flour and baking powder before baking until firm and a knife comes out cleanly.
Let it cool JUST slightly before tuning out onto a pretty plate and letting everyone enjoy.
I suspect that this cake is best enjoyed right away as it has so little fat in it. However, I’ve made it twice and it hasn’t lasted longer than a day so I haven’t been able to test my theory out.
- For the bottom:
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup dried bananas
- For the cake:
- 2 cups mashed bananas (4 large ones should do the trick)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- Prepare a nonstick bundt pan with honey and the dried bananas.
- Mix the bananas, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, honey and eggs together. Combine the flour and baking powder and fold into the wet ingredients with as few strokes as you can.
- Pour over the prepared pan and bake at 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees or until a knife comes out cleanly. As soon as you can handle the pan, turn upside down on a pretty plate.
- Now, this cake is best eaten fairly quickly since it has so little fat in it.
Take a boo at all of these goodies.
- Hipy Papy Bthuthdth Thuthda Bthuthdy Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Honey Bundt Cake with Lemon Honey Glaze by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Honey Glazed Blackberry Cornmeal Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Honey Roasted Peanut Butter Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Tea and Scones by A Taste of Honey
- Honey Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Honey Whiskey Mini Bundt Cakes with Honey Whiskey Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Honey Almond Bundt Cake by Terri at Love and Confections
- Honey Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake by Lauren at Glate to Plate
- Whole Wheat Honey Spiced Apple Breakfast Bundtlettes by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Honey Bunny Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Honey Baba au Rhum by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Orange Hazelnut Bundt Cake by Zainab at Blahnik Baker
- Honey Banana Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner