Happy, happy Sunday!
We’re having a gorgeous squash fest today with #SundaySupper.
I can’t wait to visit everyone’s recipes. The titles alone have had me salivating for a week.
And what a week.
Small one started kindergarten, DH finished holidays and I met my new 150 students. What a gorgeous bunch I have this year to share my love of English with.
It’s meant that one of my favourite things (hanging out with you all and sharing recipes) has taken the very back burner position. Not to fear though, I’ve tonnes to share in the next wee bit AND an incredible surprise to share tomorrow.
Today though, how about fabulous pickles (yes, I’m obsessed with canning) that take pride of place on any appetizer or pickle tray.
These sort of remind me of my beloved bread and butter pickles but they are somehow almost meaty. We’ve been eating them with spicy salami and a totally killer terrine that I’m going to share with you in the next short while.
These are so easy, starting with you slicing zucchini razor thin. I used a mandolin that I picked-up for super cheap at one of those kitchen home parties. Place them in a big bowl with lots of ice and forget about them for 2-3 hours.
While those are hanging out you mix up your brine and heat it so that all the flavours meld together.
Mustard seeds, crushed chili, celery seed, vinegar, sugar…
Then fill sterilized jars with the chilled zucchini slices and top up with your brine. Process the jars for 14 minutes and let them sit for a minimum of a week before enjoying.
So incredibly delicious and ready for you to enjoy all winter long.
Method: place zucchini in large bowl with icecubes. Let sit for 2-3 hours. Combine rest of ingredients and bring to a quick boil. Fill four (500 ml), sterilized jars with sliced zucchini (drained from ice) and top with brine. Add lids and process in a water bath for 14 minutes. Let sit for at least a week before enjoying.
Make sure you try out these other remarkable squash recipes. I simply can’t wait to see them all.
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Pumpkin Pie Cocktail from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Spaghetti Squash & Zucchini Pancakes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from Mommas Meals
- Zucchini Tomato Focaccia Bread with Pretzel Salt from Family Foodie
Pickles & Relish:
Soups and Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli e Zucchini from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pumpkin soup with Bacon & Persimmon from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup from Noshing with the Nolands
- Zucchini Noodles with Basil Vinaigrette from Ruffles and Truffles
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Ragu over Spaghetti Squash from The Texan New Yorker
- Black Bean, Butternut Squash & Millet Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ancho-Guajillo Chile Sauce from Simply Healthy Family
- Butternut Chicken Risotto from Cooking Chat
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini Boats from La Cocina de Leslie
- Gluten Free Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Acorn Squash Ramen from Ninja Baking
- Rustic Summer Squash Tart from The Redhead Baker
- Sausage & Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach & Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash from Food Lust People Love
- Tex-Mex Stuffed Acorn Squash from Runners Tales
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna from Curious Cuisiniere
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini & Corn Succotash from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash) from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini & Squash Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters from Nosh My Way
- Sweet & Savory Roasted Delicata Squash & Pear from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes from Brunch with Joy
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Rolls from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Streusel Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Brownies from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.