Time for a trip down to memory lane to a Fall Carnival filled with Caramel.
Think of the smell in the air. What do I think of most? That intoxicating combination of caramel and apple. You really can’t get any better than that.
Unless it is in the form of a bundt cake.
I think that this is my favourite yet-until next month.
I started with a layer on the bottom. I love to start off by have a big blast of flavour right away. Being an English teacher, I’m all about starting off with the right tone and mood.
In this case I’ve got chopped apples, cinnamon and brown sugar.
And now for the cake. Butter, sugar, more cinnamon creamed together and taste-tested for quality control purposes by small one. Fat eggs, apple sauce and flour were added to make a light and buttery batter.
Half the cake batter was added to the pan and then a layer of chopped apple and a good dose of my homemade, salted caramel sauce.
Spoon on the rest of the batter.
Have your helper taste everything one more time-just to be sure and bake until golden.
What an impossibly lovely treat. Full of fall carnival memories. I made this for my bookclub and it went down just as well as our book “The Beekeeper’s Aprrentice’.
- Bottom layer:
- ½ cup chopped apple (I used Gala's)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup each brown and white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- Middle layer:
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- ¾ cup chopped apples
- Prepare pan with bottom layer ingredients. Cream butter, sugars and cinnamon together until fluffy. Add; vanilla, eggs and apples sauce before folding in remaining ingredients. Place half the batter on top of the apples and sugar, add the middle layer and top with remaining batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40. Check after 30 minutes by testing with a knife.
#BundtBakers is a group of bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient. This month’s theme is caramel and our creative host is Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org. All recipes and photographs can be found on our individual blogs, on our Pinterest board, and the #BundtBakers homepage.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Cider Caramel Glaze by Cassie of Cassie’s Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Aisha of La Cocina de Aisha
- Brown Butter Praline Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Tux of Brooklyn Homemaker
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Kaylin of Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Caramel Apple Pecan Bundt Cake by Lauren of From Gate to Plate
- Caramel Banana Bundt Cake by Kathya of Basic N Delicious
- Caramel Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Icing by Rebekah of Making Miracles
- Caramel Chocolate Bundt Cake by Natalia of Principiando en la Cocina
- Caramel/Chocolate La Belle Helene by Jelena of A Kingdom for a Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce by Laura of Baking in Pyjamas
- Cornmeal Bundt Cake with Caramel Popcorn by Patricia of Patty’s Cake
- English Toffee Bundt with Drunken Dulce Drizzle by Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Fall Classic Caramel Bundt Cake by Maleka of La Luna en Dulce
- Fair Toffee Apple Bundt by Jane of Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Harvest Gold Pumpkin Cake with Wicked Caramel Frosting by Dorothy of Shockingly Delicious
- Milky Way Bundt Cake by Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramelized White Chocolate Glazed Butterscotch Pecan Bundt Cake by Laura of The Spiced Life
- Snickers Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Bea and Mara of I Love Bundt Cakes
- Spiced Apple Bundt Cake with a Caramel Brickle Drizzle by Teri of The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Caramel and Pear Bundt Cake by Rocío of Kids&Chic
- Three Flavor Zebra Bundt Cake – Vanilla, Caramel and Chocolate by Caro of En la Cocina de Caro