Yay! An excuse to make a cocktail. If I didn’t love #SundaySupper before this would totally make me now.
Thanks to DB for being such a fab host.
Ok, I totally admit also that I really wanted to participate in this challenge because I also wanted an excuse to treat myself to some mugs that I’ve been dying to grab. Yep, those copper mugs for Moscow Mules that are everywhere right now.
Aren’t they pretty? I’m calling this drink a Pomegranate Panache but really it’s an ode to my pretty cups and is a hopped-up Mule.
And really, this drink is almost healthy. I mean, it has pomegranate juice and gingerale. Completely, wonderful and practically in the smoothie category (wink).
The trick is to have a really cold cup-filled with ice.
Add in a shot of vodka…
and the juice of a lime. Drop the squeezed halves into the cups as well. Top with a really good quality gingerale and you’re done.
Grab your favourite nibbles (small one is obsessed with pistachios) and enjoy.
- For one drink:
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 lime (quartered)
- gingerale (to top up)
- In a large cup add ice and squeeze in the lime quarters. Leave the lime pieces in the cup. Add the rest of the ingredients, topping with gingerale.
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Campari Mint Spritzer by eating in instead
- Caramel Irish Coffee by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cranberry Mentas by Feed Me, Seymour
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Loaded Creamy Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Malibu Breeze by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Pomegranate Panache by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegarante Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegrante Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
- Winter Spice Sangria by An Appealing Plan
Savory Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Beerberry Pancakes by Brunch with Joy
- Beet Relish by What Smells So Good?
- Belgian Beef Stew, with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Spiced Pears by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lentil Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
Sweet Libational Desserts
- Amaretto Biscotti w/Amaretto Caramel Dipping Sauce by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Amaretto Cheesecake with Caramel Amaretto Sauce and Toasted Pecans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Egg Nog Cheese Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Honey and Apple Cider Cornbread by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisù al Limoncello by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.