Happy Sunday! I know we’ve all had fab treats for the past few weeks but what about that one thing that you just haven’t indulged in yet? There’s still a few days before the austerity of January envelopes us.
Thanks so much to Cindy from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for being such a great hostess.
For me it’s always something maple and if you can add a pudding type treat then I am a happy girl.
How about maple creme brule?
Maple is the sweetener in the custard? Which is terrific but…
I also put a layer of maple candy on the bottom of my ramekins. This liquefies but still stays a separate when the custard is cooked.
And the topping?
Maple sugar that receives a bit of attention from my blowtorch.
This should do the trick for my year end Cravings.
- 6 eggs
- 1⅔ cup milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- Bottom layer:
- 1 cup maple syrup (cooked down to soft ball stage)
- Top layer:
- Maple sugar for bruleeing
- Divide reduced maple syrup between 6 ramekins and let cool.
- Mix all custard ingredients and divide between the ramekins and place in a water bath. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 or until JUST firm. Remove from the water bath and let cool.
- To finish; add a layer of maple sugar and torch.
- Beef Tenderloin Citrus Arugula Salad from Family Foodie
- Chunky Beef Chili from MealDiva
- Cowboy Candy and Cream Cheese from Rhubarb and Honey
- Creamy Veggie and Chip Dip from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Golabki (Polish Cabbage Rolls) from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeno Poppers Wrapped in Bacon from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lightened and Loaded Potato Soup from Momma’s Meals
- Prime Rib Roast from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Roasted Cashews & Walnuts with Honey and Herbs from Delaware Girl Eats
- Russian Black Bread from Curious Cuisiniere
- Sausage and Cheese Stromboli from Casa de Crews
- Spicy Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches with Bacon, Cheddar and Green Onion from From Gate to Plate
- Steak and Eggs from Nosh My Way
- Steak Tartare from The Texan New Yorker
- Swiss Onion Bread from The Foodie Army Wife
Quench Your Thirst Cravings
- Crab Artichoke Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mussels in Coconut Broth with Garlic Toasts from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Seafood Scampi from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- Apple Bundt Cake from Pancake Warriors
- Dark Chocolate Potato Chip Fudge from Nik Snacks
- Dulce de Leche Rice Krispy Treats from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Milky Way Brownie Pie from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lower-Sugar Carrot Cake Jam from What Smells So Good?
- Maple Syrup Creme Brule from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mint Infused Deep Dish Brownies from The Perfect Brownie
- Paleo Pound Cake from NinjaBaker
- Pizzelle from Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Sweet Potato Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.