Yay! Sunday again and time for amazing casseroles. You know, those one pot dinners that make life so easy but as a teen and a twenty (who knew everything, I know I did but sadly I’ve apparently forgotten a lot) you never thought you’d be making.
My family loves casseroles and now I regularly serve them as ‘company’ dishes. Totally satisfying and easy enough that I’m relaxed when my guests arrive and I’m not doing dishes for three days afterwards.
Thanks to #SundaySupper for giving me a chance to try something totally new and to Alice for being an amazing hostess and fellow vintage, pyrex lover.
I wanted something totally different but warm and meaty. Curry and bison screams ‘hello’ to me. I don’t know what it is lately but I just can’t get enough curry. I crave it all of the time and have to stop myself from putting it in absolutely everything. I’m just warning you that you’ll have a lot of curry in the next wee bit on this blog.
I also wanted a lovely sweet taste throughout everything and something a little different than raisins so I rummaged in my fridge and found some pretty, fresh figs to add to the meat and the sauce.
The sauce is a fabulous blend of onions, garlic, ginger, curry paste and figs. An extra special ingredient is a couple of kaffir lime leaves. They are a wee bit difficult to find but they keep for a long time.
A can of tomatoes and frozen peas finish everything off.
And now the meatloaf. I decided to use bison since it is just so flavourful and then I loaded it up even more with; cilantro, ginger, garlic, figs, curry paste and minced onions.
Form into loaves and lay on top of that gorgeous sauce.
A bit of a bake and casserole time is ready to wow.
- 2 lb ground bison
- 2 tsp curry paste
- 2 chopped figs
- 2 tsp finely chopped onion
- 1 mashed garlic clove
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 inch grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 chopped figs
- 2 tsp curry paste
- ½ inch grated ginger
- 2 mashed garlic cloves
- 3 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- In a large casserole saute onions, figs, ginger, cloves and curry paste in olive oil. Add tomatoes and frozen peas.
- In a bowl combine: bison, figs and the rest of the ingredients. Form into two equal shaped loaf and place on top of sauce.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees (covered for the first 30)
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Fresh Noodle Lasagna from From Gate to Plate
- From Scratch Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Make Ahead Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Spicy and Creamy Mexican Chicken Casserole from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Strata Supreme from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Bread Pudding from Gotta Get Baked
- Strawberry Icebox Cake from The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Super Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.