Happy Sunday and I hope that things are finally warming up in the area that you are. We are scheduled to reach a balmy high of -9 today. I’m positively giddy of the the thought of something over -20 at this point.
Special thanks to Tammi of Momma’s Meals for being such a terrific hostess this week and having everything ready for our fab group.
We’re slightly bean-obsessed in our house. Small one sneaks dried ones out of the cupboard as many times as she possibly can.
Being an Ottawa Valley girl when I think beans of any sort I think bacon and I’ve had an idea for a bean and bacon taco filling forever and like always….#SundaySupper gives me a chance to make a germ of a plan into a fabulous reality. A mole sauce, inspired dish.
I started off with onions (sweet Vidalias), garlic and chunks of gorgeous, local bacon and a big pot.
Once everything is softened (or in the case of the bacon, crisped) add in tonnes of flavour. Chocolate, cinnamon, cumin, currants, chili powder, red wine, stewed tomatoes….
kidney beans are adding and everything gets a chance to know one another better by baking (covered) the dish. Your house will smell so dreamy. It’s also an option to toss everything in your slowcooker and just forget about it for awhile.
The fun part? Loading-up soft tortilla with guacamole, arugula and then those lovely beans.
- ¼ lb bacon (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 2 T cumin
- 3 T cocoa
- 2 T chili powder
- pinch cloves
- ½ cup red wine
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 squares dark chocolate
- 1 small, minced onion
- 3 cloves (mashed)
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups cooked kidney beans
- To serve:
- soft tortillas
- Saute onion and garlic with the bacon, add spices and let toast. Add in the remaining ingredients and bake for 40 minutes at 330 degrees.
- Avocado Hummus by Our Good Life
- Bean Ragoût and Crisped Mushrooms by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Black Bean Chili Nachos by Brunch with Joy
- Chickpea Fries (Panisse) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Five Layer Greek Hummus Dip by Food Done Light
- Pizza Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- White Bean and Basil Spread by Peaceful Cooking
Bean-a-rific Soups and Stews:
- Butternut Squash White Bean Soup by Magnolia Days
- Chickpea and Bean Soup by Momma’s Meals
- Classic Cassoulet by Food Lust People Love
- Navy Bean & Kale Soup by An Appealing Plan
- Navy Bean Soup by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Pork and Bean Stew by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker White Bean Kielbasa Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bean and Cornbread Salad by MealDiva
- Clams with Black Beans by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Escarole and Beans by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gold Rush Baked Beans by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Italian Beans and Greens by Simply Healthy Family
- Maple Brown Sugar Baked Beans by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Pinto Beans With Cornbread Croutons by Nik Snacks
- Stovetop Baked Beans by Pies and Plots
- Whiskey Bacon Baked Beans by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Incredi-bean Main Meals:
- Arugula Tomato and Beans Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Bean and Bacon Tacos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Beefy Lima Bean Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Colombian Red beans – Frisoles Antioquenos by Palatable Pastime
- Honey-Lime Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos by The Chunky Chef
- Lemony White Bean and Leek Soupe au Pistou by Dandelion Greens
- One Pot Tuscan Style Garlic Herb Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orecchiette with White Beans and Swiss Chard by Delaware Girl Eats
- Skillet Black Beans and Pork by Cooking Chat
- Ultimate Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Pancake Warriors
- White Bean Ragout, Frisèe, and a Fried Egg by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Amaze-beans Sweet Endings:
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean Bark by Love and Confections
- Flourless Almond Joy Cookie Dough Ball by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Flourless Mocha Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Gluten-Free Donuts by NinjaBaker
- Pecan Praline Black Bean Brownies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Soy Awesome Cookies 2.0 by What Smells So Good?
- Sweet Bean Pie by Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee by Noshing With The Nolands
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.