Yay! Bundt day and time for all sorts of goodies.
This month we’ve got bundts that are not only beautiful on the outside but have something very special waiting for you on the inside-a hidden surprise.
This is my favourite bundt that I’ve made so far.
You see, I’m not a big sweet fan but give me a savory carb and I’m truly happy.
I’ve got a real treat for you today; Pear and Blue Cheese Bundt Bread.
It’s sort of an odd recipe but I’ve made it several times now and love it more each time.
I proof yeast with maple syrup and warm water before adding; eggs, chunks of pear, melted butter, crushed cardamon and juniper berries. Add enough flour to make,
a lovely and soft dough. Cover it with a towel and let rise to double before punching down and dividing into half.
Meanwhile get your surprise ready by cooking the moisture out of chunk of pears in a dry pan. They’ll spit and complain but you don’t want wet pears added to your bread middle or it will NEVER truly cook.
Place one half of the dough in your bundt pan before adding pears and roquefort.
Top with the last of your dough and bake in a 350 degree oven. Here’s my word-to-the-wise, I used a beautiful rose shaped bundt pan and it really is the bane of my existence. The edges colour really quickly and doesn’t quite let the middle bake. However, I’m determined to not let this thing beat me so I added THREE cookie sheets under the bread and…
finally success! I’ve made this two other times in regular bundt pans and it is SO MUCH better. If you have a small bundt pan just cut the recipe in half as this is a big treat to consume.
Yummy briochie bread with a savory edge to it and perfect with ham and pickles.
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 T yeast
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ tsp crushed cardamon seeds
- 4 juniper berries (crushed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chopped pears (divided)
- 5 cup flour
- ⅓ cup roquefort
- Almond Crunch Cake – Magnolia Days
- Balsamic Strawberries Bundt Cake – Our Good Life
- Banana Bundt Cake with Apple Filling – Jenny and Sweets
- Banana Maple Bundt Cake with Chocolate Star – Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Black and White Surprise Bundt Cake – Patty’s Cake
- Blueberry Surprise Bundt – Living the Gourmet
- Chocolate and Vanilla Polka Dot Bundt – Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Oreo Cheesecake Filling – Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Peanut Butter Bundt Cake – Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Surprise Bundt Cake – The Freshman Cook
- Citrus Raspberry Bundt – Noshing With The Nolands
- Confetti Zebra Cake – Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Cookie Dough Bundt Cake – Liv for Cake
- German Mozarthupf – A Kingdom for a Cake
- Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Key Lime Cheesecake Swirl – Brooklyn Homemaker
- KitKat Surprise Bundt Cake –Simply Veggies
- Lemon Blueberry Van Halen Bundt – Food Lust People Love
- Orange and Strawberry Jam Bundt Cake – Baking Yummies
- Pear and Blue Cheese Bundt – Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Polka Dot Bundt Cake – Brunch with Joy
- Raspberry Filled Lemon Bundt – A Day in the Life on the Farm/
- Real Nutella Bundt Cake – Baking in Pyjamas
- Savory Monkey Bread Stuffed Bundt – Adventures in All Things Food
- Sour Cream Boozy Hazelnut Bundt Cake – Sidewalk Shoes
- Spring Break S’mores Cake – Tea and Scones
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bundt Cake – Basic N Delicious
- Strawberry Twinky Bundt Cake – I Love Bundt Cakes
- Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake – Big Rigs ‘n Lil’ Cookies
- Surprise Bundt – Mummy & Cute
- Surprise Filled Chocolate Bundt Cake – Media Ración Doble, Por Favor
- Surprise Inside Carrot Bundt Cake- Making Miracles
- Triple Lemon Bundt Cake – Baking and Creating with Avril
- Tropical Surprise Bundt Cake – Spice Roots