In our house this means lots of company and lots of leftovers to reinvent. Thank goodness for this week’s #SundaySupper challenge and all the ideas that I’m dying to snag from the group.
Special thanks to Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake for being such a fabulous host.
Do you ever have a recipe that is just so good that everyone begs for it but so simple that you almost feel guilty?
That’s what this one is.
Split Pea and Ham Slowcooker Soup.
I use it everytime we have a leftover ham bone and in fact I throw everything in the slowcooker while I’m tidying up from dinner. The whole thing cooks overnight and I have lunch or dinner sorted before I even wake-up.
In a slowcooker combine (with your hambone); split peas, garlic, chicken stock, thyme, parsley, herbes de provence, leeks, celery and carrots. Set on high for 7 hours, remove the bone and slightly blend with an immersion blender. I like mine quite chunky so don’t go crazy with this step.
Ta Da! Something that you’ll be desperate for and need another ham dinner for really soon.
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium leek
- 2 ribs celery
- ½ tsp herbes de province
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- ham bone
- 2 cups split, yellow peas
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (stems and all)
- Simply place all the ingredients in a slowcooker. Let cook for 6 hours on high. Remove the bone and puree the soup to the consistency you prefer (I like mine with some chunks in it still). Taste and correct for salt and pepper.
And what about all those other leftovers?
These folks can totally help you out.
- Bacon and Sriracha Deviled Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeno Cilantro Deviled Eggs by Our Good Life
- Rissole by Brunch with Joy
- Savory Basque Tart by Food Lust People Love
Breakfast and Brunch:
- Breakfast Burritos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Enchiladas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten-Free Ham & Gruyere Quiche by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Ham and Egg Hash by Whole Food | Real Families
- Matzo Brie Pancakes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Savory Ham and Scallion Corn Cakes by The Weekend Gourmet
Soups and Salads:
- Ham, Potato & Corn Chowder by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Southern Ham Macaroni Salad by Magnolia Days
- Split Pea and Ham Slowcooker Soup by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Hambalaya by Palatable Pastime
- CalMex Avocado and Egg Salad by eating in instead
- Chunky Healthy Egg Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Fried Pepper Brown Rice with Ham by Food Done Light
- Ham Fried Rice by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lamb Pilaf by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kimchi Fried Rice by Wallflower Girl
- Osso Bucco Ravioli by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Pan-Fried Ham with Okra and Red-Eye Gravy by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon, Asparagus, Tomato Panini by Family Foodie
- Steak and Deviled Egg Sandwiches by Simply Healthy Family
- Apple Blueberry Flip Flop by Recipe for Perfection
- Cadbury Egg Stuffed Croissants by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cheese and Pineapple Bread Pudding by Basic N Delicious
- Easter Bunny had a Meltdown Brownies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Easter Candy Bark by Pies and Plots
- Easter Candy Brownie Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cheesecake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Matzo S’more by Desserts Required
- Russian Easter Kulich Dessert by European Cutie
- Sunshine Cake by The Ninja Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.