Glad to see you again.
We’re all about dance recitals for the next two weeks (practices, performance…) so Friday night needs to be even easier that usual. Who knew that a five year old’s social schedule could be so demanding?
I started making this recipe as a side dish. A potato salad (which I always go nuts with anyway) that would have lots of flavour but no mayonnaise. I’ve been going a bit bonkers with the mayo lately.
I started with potatoes that were boiled in salted water until just tender and then cooled off under running water. A bit of a shake dry and then time to build flavours with; mustard powder, avocado oil, lemon juice, chopped parsley and basil, pepper, garlic and wine vinegar. Ok, that’s a fab salad and feel free to mow right down on it but…
I got the brainwave that this could be a colossally amazing meal so I added in shards of boiled eggs (fresh from a local farm) and chunks of creamy avocado. A bit of a stir, a bubbly water and this a truly fine Friday night.
Want this as a side dish?
How about throwing a few sausages on the BBQ?
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 6 cups cooked potato (2 inch chunks)
- 1 avocado (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 2 boiled eggs (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- ½ cup chopped parsley (I like to use the flat leaf Italian for this recipe)
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 T basil (I used the squeezy stuff in the tubes by Gourmet Gardens)
- 3 mashed garlic cloves
- Mix all ingredients together (gently to avoid pulverizing the avocado and potatoes) and enjoy.