It’s Friday of #HotSummerEats and thanks again to all of our wonderful sponsors and Camilla for organizing everything.
How about dinner that is ready quickly and can be made ahead of time?
This is also a fantastic lunch or picnic treat so all in all it screams summer.
Chicken Curry Puffs.
My Gran used to make cream puffs and fill them egg or chicken salad and I’ve totally ripped off that idea. I also thought it was so posh and an excuse to play with choux paste AND a delicious filling is just too good an opportunity to pass up.
I started with water and butter flavoured with garam masala and ginger.
Bring it to a quick boil and beat in flour, cooking until it pulls away from the pan. Add eggs (one at a time) beating the whole thing like your life depended on it after each. Spoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake until puffed and browned.
Meanwhile gather everything together for your filling. Chicken, parsley, curry, garlic, yoghurt, honey, apple and celery.
All that’s left to do is split your cooled puffs and fill with chicken.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp squeezy ginger (Gourmet Garden)
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Chicken salad:
- 2 cup cooked chicken (a rotisserie chicken works great in this recipe)
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 2 T chopped parsley
- ½ tsp each curry powder and honey
- ¼ cup each plain yoghurt and mayonaise
- Heat water, butter, garam masala and ginger together. Beat in flour and cook until it pulled away from the edges. Beat in one egg at a time. Spoon onto parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees until puffed and turned down to 350 until the puffs are firm and dried out approx. 20 minutes.
- Combine salad ingredients and fill split (cooled) puffs with chicken.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer – Thank you to #HotSummerEats sponsors BenBella Vegan, Caribeque, Casabella, Gourmet Garden,
Intensity Academy, Not Ketchup, Out of the Weeds. Pirate Jonny’s, Quirk Books,
Spicely Organics, T.Lish , and Voodoo Cheffor providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for#HotSummerEats without additional compensation.All opinions are my own.
Don’t forget to check out all the amazing treats by my fellow bloggers.