Happy Sunday and thanks so very much to DB the Foodie Stuntman for arranging everything so well for this event.
Let’s face it-what screams summer more than going to a farmstand or market?
It really is my favourite thing to do until the snow flies.
How could you not be inspired by food that was picked just minutes before you devour it?
If you follow me on instagram you know that there’s rarely a farmstand that I pass up.
We also love any food on a stick so skewers are often on the menu. But waht to have with them? How about a fabulous sauce to slather them with and dip into?
Tahini Dipping sauce.
It’s totally simple, like the very best summer recipes, and requires almost zero heat.
Just grab a little food processor and put in; tahini, soy sauce, garlic cloves, parsley, dried chili, rice vinegar, chicken stock and cumin seeds. A quick blitz and you’ve got something fantastic.
NOTE: my sister-in-law is deathly allergic to sesame and I’ve also made this dip with sunflower butter and it is FANTASTIC.
I know. It should be more complicated but great food rarely is.
And the skewers? Go to the farmstand with an open mind. Pick out what is perfect. Here’s this week’s haul. I actually did everything up as a table arrangement and everyone has been grabbing their favourite each time they run through the dining room.
This week’s skewers got; garlic scapes, ripe tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms and eggplant. My usual fallback also got added; local bacon.
A douse of dipping sauce and a quick trip to the barbeque and you have something special for dinner that doesn’t heat-up the house.
Try the dipping sauce with any arrangement of vegetables or we’ve been enjoying it with chicken and fish too.
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 dried chili
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ⅛ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Blitz everything together in a food processor. Test for salt-depending on your chicken stock, you won't need any. Enjoy with; vegetables, chicken or fish.
Appetizers, Sides and Salads
- 8 Grain Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Farm Fresh Gazpacho by An Appealing Plan
- Farmer’s Market Potato Salad by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fennel and Orange Salad by Feeding Big – and more!
- Gazpacho Shooters with Avocado and Corn Salsa by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Grilled Peach Caprese by A Gouda Life
- Grilled Prosciutto Corn by Palatable Pastime
- Peach Caprese Salad by The Joyful Foodie
- Radish Top Pesto by Our Good Life
- Carrot Ravioli with Broccoli-Ricotta Filling by Caroline’s Cooking
- Farmers Market Pizza by Simply Healthy Family
- Farmstand Kebobs with Tahini Dipping Sauce by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gemista (Greek Stuffed Tomatoes) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Halibut with Sugar Snap Peas, Mushrooms and Potatoes en Papillote by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Spaghetti and Zoodles with Vegetable Bolognese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Pesto by Tasting Page
- Squash Blossom, Zucchini and Gouda Frittata by FoodieTots
- Sweet Corn Chowder with Crabmeat by The Redhead Baker
- Vegetable and Chicken Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Ziti with Bacon and Greens by Cooking Chat
- Chaussons aux Pommes by Food Lust People Love
- Classic Peach Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dairy Free Peach Mango Lassis with Coconut Whipped Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Curd Raspberry Crumb Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Lemon Tart by Brunch with Joy
- Peach Berry Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peach Cobbler with Blueberry Biscuits by Food Done Light
- Raspberry Rhubarb Sweet Rolls by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southern Peach Cobbler with Italian Mascarpone by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Triple Cherry Crisp by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.