Happy Bundt day and time to explore our favourite beverages.
Special thanks to Laura from ‘Baking in Pajamas’ for hosting today.
We’re deep into fall right now so I can’t get enough spicy, hot chai.
Why not take all those gorgeous, deep spices and bake them into a fabulous, dense cake with a bit of chocolate dotted throughout?
I will totally warn you-this is a dense cake. It bears no resemblance to a fluffy Victoria sponge. I don’t think they would even get along at a Cake family reunion but they are both delicious in their own way.
Why so dense? Not only does this recipe have olive oil in it but it’s sweetened with honey-my favourite chai sweetener.
Start with your spices and give them a good pound in your mortar and pestle. I went with cardamon pods, cloves and black pepper.
Don’t have one? The bottom of a pot does a great job too.
Next, dump all your wet ingredients and spice together with chocolate buttons. The best part though, I brewed-up a REALLY strong cup of chai tea (with four teabags!) and added it to the mix.
Flour to bind and baking powder to rise and you’ve got a fab cake that honestly looks less than elegant before it goes in the oven.
What a difference a bake makes. A bit of port (or tea) and a drizzle of honey-just because and you’ve a terrific treat.
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3 cardamon pods (crushed)
- 4 cloves (crushed)
- ¼ tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 cup chai tea (brewed with 4 tea bags-I really like Stash and cooled)
- 1 T chopped, crystalised ginger
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ chocolate buttons (I like to use dark)
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Add all the spices, chocolate and wet ingredients together before folding in flour and baking powder. Pour into bundt and bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees or until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Optional: serve with a little drizzle of honey.
- Amarula Chai Latte Bundt from I Sugar Coat It!
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake from That’s My Home
- Apple Cider Bundt cake w/ Caramelized Apples from The Freshman Cook
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Cider Pound Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Juice Spice Bundt with Caramel Apple Glaze from Our Good Life
- Apple Spice Latte Bundt from Living the Gourmet
- Black Forest Hot Chocolate Bundt from Baking in Pyjamas
- Cava Bundt Cake from La mejor manera de hacer …
- Chai Bundt Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chocolate Chai Bundt Cake from Basic n Delicious
- Chocolate Expresso Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Caro
- Dark ‘n Stormy Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Milk and Honey Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Margarita Bundt Cake with Candied Limes from How to Philosophize with Cake
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Rose Cake from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Milo and Condensed Milk Bundt Cake from Passion Kneaded
- Mojito Bundt Cake from BakingYummies
- Orange Juice Pine Nut Bundt Cake from A Kingdom for a Cake
- Pacharan & Apple Bundlettes from I love Bundt Cakes
- Poison Apple Bundt (Guinness & Angry Orchard) from The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Coffee Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Red Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Root Beer Bundt Cake with Rumchata Root Beer Frosting from From Gate to Plate
- Root Beer Float Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Tiramisu Bundt Cake from Patty’s Cake
- Vanilla Chai Honey Latte Bundt from Tartacadabra
- White Chocolate and Espresso Bundt Cake with Coffee Glaze from Taking On Magazines
- White Russian Mini Bundt Cakes from Magnolia Days
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.