Back to the real world after a holiday weekend well spent with small one being a lunatic and eating WAY too many treats.
Better get back on track and it’s dance class JUST after school today so dinner needs to be pretty much premade.
Salad it is.
If I really get energetic and small one gets her kit on quickly I’ll get some sausages out of the freezer and I will have one super fueled little dancer.
My kiddo has always loved beans. She’s the kind of kid that will go in the cupboard and eat them dried if she feels she’s not been supplied enough.
Fair enough. The heart wants what the heart wants.
She also has a deep love of corn. How about combine the two?
Roasted corn is cut off the cob to mix with chopped cilantro and dill.
Green beans, cumin, honey, lemon juice, balsamic glaze, olive oil get added to the mix.
Beans are folded in and cue small one asking if the rest of us are having anything because this bowl is all for her.
If you can hide a bit away this is an awesome dish for a very virtuous lunch the next day.
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro and fresh dill
- 2 cups cooked, black beans
- 4 heads of corn (roasted on each side for 30 seconds and the kernels cut off)
- ¼ cup each lemon juice and olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic glaze
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- ⅓ cup chopped, blanched green beans
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Mix all ingredients together. Taste for salt and pepper and enjoy!