Happy Sunday, enjoying that candy lethargy?
Snap out of it! It’s time to start thinking of all those holiday functions coming up.
The drop-ins, the parties, the fun, the…oh, I need to bring something with me and have no ideas at all.
Ready for all the fabulousness?
You can TOTALLY make this bread-even if you aren’t a bread maker. I tripled the recipe and made a few for the freezer the other day after work and had them finished in time to take a photo before the light was gone. With our short days that was a minor miracle.
It all starts with a bottle of beer (that is actually how a lot of stories start-isn’t it?) that gets warmed before proofing yeast with it and then adding in olive oil, chili flakes, crushed garlic and dried basil. Add in enough flour to make an elastic but not sticky dough. Let proof for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, grab veg out of the fridge and give them a light coating of olive oil. Roast in the oven until JUST charred. Do you need so many of them? Nope, I love roasted veg and if I’m doing a few then I’ll fill the pan. They’re great tossed into pasta, added to a sandwich, rice…you name it.
Divide your gorgeous dough into balls and dip into garlic butter.
Layer your veg, dough and sprinkles of feta cheese into a bundt pan and let rise for 20 minutes.
Bake until golden.
Turn out onto a pretty place a have a dram or two of a nice red.
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1½ cups beer (warmed)
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 4 cups flour
- Garlic butter:
- ½ cup butter
- 2 mashed garlic cloves
- Roasted Vegetables:
- 2 cups mixed veg (I like; eggplant, peppers, and mushrooms)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Proof yeast in warm beer add in all other ingredients and knead until smooth. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Coat veg and garlic with olive oil and roast on a parchment lined sheet for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and garlic together.
- Divide dough into 15 balls. Dip balls into garlic butter and layer into a bundt pan with with roasted veg and feta. Pour any remaining garlic butter over the top. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until dough is browned.
- Caramel Coffee by Party Food & Entertaining
- Christmas Cranberry Mojitos by Our Good Life
- European-Style Hot Chocolate by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Pomegranate Sangria by The Redhead Baker
- Spiced Hot Milk Brandy by Nosh My Way
- Apple Cranberry Brie en Croute by The Crumby Cupcake
- Beet Hummus by Soni’s Food
- Christmas Cranberry Dip by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Festive Shrimp Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Spinach Cheese Fondue by Fearless Dining
- Hot Crab Dip by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Krayl’s Easy Holiday Cheese Board by An Appealing Plan
- Mini Cheese Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Pear Proscuitto Arugula and Cheese Rounds by Food Done Light
- Pull-apart Beer Bread with Mediterranean Vegetables by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Salmon Shooters by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Nuts by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Dip by The Complete Savorist
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Momma’s Meals
Main and Side Dishes
- Fruited Wild Rice by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- La Grande Zuppa del Costiera Amalfitana (The Grand Soup of the Amalfi Coast) by Monica’s Table
- Make ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pasta With Duck Sugo by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Desserts and Baked Goods
- Apple Brown Betty by Curious Cuisiniere
- Apple Panna Cotta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Banana Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easy Pumpkin Dip by Wholistic Woman
- Gluten Free Key Lime Tartlets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grown Up Peppermint Bark with Sambuca by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Microwave Carob Fudge by Pies and Plots
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Pumpkin Mousse Parfait by Brunch with Joy
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.