Happy, happy Bundt day!
First though, I want to thank all of my other AMAZING bundt bakers for their patience the last few months.
They’ve visited, they’ve commented, they’ve been amazing and due to a crazy (professionally, personally…) time I’ve given little back. I can’t thank them enough for being so wonderful.
They have been fantastic and things have finally calmed down enough that I can give back.
To begin with; a great bread that falls firmly in the middle of Naughty and Nice-our theme for this month.
Special thanks to Olive from ‘Liv for Cake’.
When I first thought of this cake and envisioned caramel and oozy syrup, candied nuts…when I went to make it I found the ingredients leading me in the direction of a bread based upon pannetone. Full of eggs and butter but still somehow light and just as nice with cheese and apples as it is with an extra pour of syrup and whipped cream.
I started with maple syrup and yeast that got proofed in warm milk before having; eggs, butter, pecans and MORE maple syrup added.
Add in enough flour to JUST bind everything together and let your dough rest (covered) for a wee bit.
Punch down, place in a greased bundt and let rise again.
A bit of a bake and you’ve got something really special for a certain morning after the ‘big guy’ visits.
- 2 T maple syrup
- ⅔ cup milk (warmed to baby bottle temperature)
- 1 tsp yeast
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup pecans
- 5 cups flour
- Proof yeast in 2 T syrup and milk.
- Add: eggs, remaining syrup, butter and pecans. Beat.
- Knead in flour and create a smooth, elastic dough that is still slightly sticky.
- Let proof (covered) for 20 minutes in a warm spot.
- Place in a greased bundt pan and let proof (covered) for 20 minutes.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Tip out of pan onto a cooling rack and let sit before serving.
- Amaretto Almond Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Angel Food Bundt Cake with Cranberry Filling and Lemon Glaze by Taking On Magazines
- Anise Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Bundtcake Especiado by La mejor manera de hacer…
- Candy Cane Bundt by Cali’s Cuisine
- Cherry Chocolate Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake
- Christmas Fruitcake by Tea and Scones
- Christmas Rose Bundt Cake by Living the Gourmet
- Cranberry Spice Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Pound Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Chocolate Gingerbread Bundts with Cream Cheese Frosting by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Hot Buttered Rum Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Maple Pecan Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Naughty and Nice Kahlua Gingerbread Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Old Fashioned Marble Cake Bundt by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Peppermint Candy Cane Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Rum & Eggnog Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Spiced Fruitcake by Magnolia Days
- Spiced Ginger Bundt Cake with Caramel Brandy Sauce by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Spiced Rum Eggnog Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice Cake by Eat, Drink, Be Mighty
- Super Naughty Chocolate Whiskey Bacon Jam Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite A Whiskered Accomplice