Happy Bundt Day!
I think that this is one of the best themes we’ve ever had-‘Strange but Good’.
How fun is that?
It’s really what every cook lives for; playing with ingredients.
Huge kudos to June from How to Philosophize with Cake for hosting and choosing the theme.
I chose a combo that is very familiar to my southern neighbours but we rarely see it in Canada; sweet potatoes and marshmallows. At Thanksgiving we just don’t make sweet potato casserole and top it with marshmallows here. I’d like to try it though-must put it on my list of things to try out.
I wanted a fairly light cake and chunks of sweet potato but also wanted to avoid biting into a mushy chunk. My fix? Roast the potatoes until firm and then mash them.
Then LOTS of spice added right to the butter and sugar so they have a chance to mingle right from the beginning and get their flavours slightly warmed while being whipped.
Fluffy eggs are beaten into the mix before folding those lovely sweet potatoes,
and marshmallows with flour and baking powder. Why multi-colours? Well, when shopping with a rainbow loving little girl…those are the ones that make it into the cart.
A bit of a bake and enjoy!
- 3 cups roasted sweet potatoes (place on parchment lined baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and roast at 375 for 15-20 minutes, mash when cooled)
- 1 cup butter
- 1¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp each chinese five spice and cinnamon
- 1 T mashed ginger (I used the squeezy kind)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- Beat sugar, spices and butter together until fluffy. Add in the egg (beat until pale gold). Fold in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased, bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Banana Bacon Bundt Cake by Liv For Cake
- Beet and Beer Red Velvet Bundt Cake by I Sugar Coat It
- Beet and Blood Orange Bundt Cake by Brooklyn Homemaker
- Black Pepper and Red Wine Bundt Cake by Passion Kneaded
- Caramelized Pineapple Blue Cheese Corncake Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Banana Bacon Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Lemon Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Chocolate Liquorice Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Chocolate Potato Bundt Cake with Strawberry Glaze by Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Tomato Soup Bundt Cake by SpiceRoots
- Coconut and Rose Syrup Bundt Cake by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Coconut, Cardamom, and Orange Cake by Baking Yummies
- Dark Chocolate Beet Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Dark Chocolate Stout Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Junk Food Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, and Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lemon Rosemary Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lovely Fields Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Mini Mayonnaise and Chocolate Bundt Cakes by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Olive Oil Rosemary Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Orange Bourbon Rosemary Bundt Cake by The Spiced Life
- Peanut Butter Sour Cream Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Six Flavor Bundt by Making Miracles
- Sweet Potato and Marshmallow Bundt by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Triple Rum Black Pepper Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake