Happy Bundt day!
We’re all about cinnamon today and I can’t wait to virtually dive into all the recipes that my fellow ‘Bundters’ have come up with.
How perfect to have the theme of cinnamon during the month that is rife with cinnamon hearts.
Special thanks to Lauren from ‘Sew You think You Can Cook‘ for getting us all together this month.
I’ve put together an odd cake.
My first thought was Cinnamon Toast (all time favourite comfort food and one of the few things my mom could cook) but I didn’t feel like bread pudding-I wanted a butter cake with a bit of a surprise in the middle.
I was stopped in the cereal aisle with small one and spied….Cinnamon Toast Cereal!
Start with said cereal and pulverize it in a food processor or a plastic bag and a rolling pin (perfect for getting out your frustrations).
Cream together; cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar, butter until light a lovely before add in fat eggs. Fold in yoghurt, flour and 3/4 of your cereal crumbs. Try to hold yourself back from eating too much batter-it’s fabulous.
Place half the batter in a greased pan, add more cereal crumbs (don’t do what I did and add a bit of whole cereal-the crumbs work best). Top with batter and bake until golden.
A cup of tea (or ten) and you can even ignore the snow that is piled-up outside.
- 2 cups cinnamon toast crunch cereal (crushed finely)
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup each brown and white sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups vanilla yoghurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3¼ cup flour
- Cream; butter, sugar and cinnamon together until fluffy. Add in eggs before folding in 1½ cups of the crushed cereal, yoghurt, baking powder and soda and the flour.
- Place ½ the mixture in a greased bundt pan. Layer in the remaining cereal and top with the rest of the batter. Bake 4045 minutes at 350 degrees or until a knife comes out cleanly.
And don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Apple Cinnamon Bundt by Tammy at Living the Gourmet
- Carrot Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Cinnamon Apple Bundt Cake by Christiane at Taking on Magazines
- Cinnamon Apple Jelly Donut Cake by Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Cinnamon Bundt Coffee Cake by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Cinnamon Chocolate and Strawberry Cake by Deepti at Baking Yummies
- Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Crown Cake by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Dolce Coffee Bundt Cake by Felice at All That’s Left are the Crumbs
- Cinnamon Espresso Bundt with Chocolate Ganache by Amanda at The Cinnamon Scrolls
- Cinnamon Pecan Streusel Bundt Cake by Lara at Tartacadabra
- Cinnamon Roll Bundt by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Swirl Bundt by Sue at Palatable Pastime
- Cinnamon Swirl Zucchini Bundt Cake by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Cinnamon Toast Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cinnamon Toast Bundts by Olivia at Liv for Cake
- Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake by Mondo at I Bake He Shoots
- Monkey Bread Bundt by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Spice Toffee Bundt Cake by June at How to Philosophize with Cake
- Red Tea and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Mary at Los Chatos Chefs
- Six Pound Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls Bundt by Priya at I Camp in My Kitchen
- Sweet Cinnamon Spice Tea Bundtlettes by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Tea Chai Bundt Cake by Rocio at kidsandchic
- Tunnel of Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Walnut Schnecken Bundt Cake by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker