I’m a bit sad today.
It’s been a whole week of fabulousness and today is my final post.
I want to go out with a bang though and thought I’d make something that we can snack on right away but also snag over the next wee bit whenever there’s a hankering.
I also want to have healthy snacks in the house and Bob’s Red Mill has come to my rescue.
I’ll be honest here (why would you be anything else?), Bob sent me lovely Hemp Hearts.
I don’t know if I would have picked them up. I’m usually stocking up on everything else Bob makes from; ground hazelnuts (that are always super fresh), the crunchiest cornmeal, the best flax…
Now I’ll have to add these to my list.
Nutty, crunchy AND I can send them to my kiddo’s nut-free school.
Small one loves granola and I find our jar empty at least a couple of times a month.
Here’s a riff on our favourite.
Bound together with a bit of maple syrup and baked into clusters.
I let small one decide on the extras each time we make granola and this time she decided on coconut and cranberries. Excellent thinking grasshopper.
And the best way to enjoy?
Layered with creamy yoghurt and a REALLY good cup of Joe.
- 1 cup each Hemp heart seeds, dried cranberries and coconut (unsweetened flakes)
- 2 cups large flake oatmeal
- ⅓ cup chia seeds and flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger and cinnamon
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- Mix; chia, hemp, spices, sesame and maple syrup together. Place on parchment line baking sheet and bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes, stirring once to avoid scorching but allowing nuggets to form. Remove from oven and add the cranberries and oatmeal. Stir and let cool.
- Great on cereal, for a snack or with yoghurt.
Don’t forget to check out the prizes and enter our #FreshTastyValentines Giveaway
HERE. You have the chance to win prizes from Bob’s Red Mill and Gourmet Garden.
*Disclosure: I received complimentary product from Gourmet Garden for the creation of this post. This is a sponsored post that contains affiliate links. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.*
Find Bob’s Red Mill
on the web: here
on Twitter: here
on Facebook: here
on Pinterest: here
on Instagram: here