Happy Sunday and time for the best group going to get together-#SundaySupper.
Before we celebrate all things eggs I just want to make sure that everyone knows about the fabulous photochallenge that @SundaySupperFam has going on over on instagram. It’s a little bit of fun and community everyday.
And now for eggies, special thanks to Wendy from Wholistic Woman for being so great and getting us all together together this week.
I’ve got a super pretty dessert to share that is just chock full of eggs.
It starts with cream puffs-I’ve got a never fail recipe for these lovelies right here.
But the star of the dish is pastry cream.
Pastry cream is incredibly versatile and very addictive, it’s the lovely stuff you see sandwiched in Boston Cream Pie and often in eclairs. I really can’t be trusted around it.
It can be flavoured with vanilla or any other essence that you love. I’ve a wee girl obsessed with pink so this version got a dose of vanilla, rose water and red food colouring.
Next fill. I just slice mine in the middle, if you have more patience you can pipe them in.
I like to pile mine up and swirl caramel over the whole lovely thing.
Why not totally treat yourself and have a bit of champagne with them?
After all, it’s still the weekend.
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 cups milk (heated to baby bottle temperature)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp each rose water and vanilla
- 2 T butter
- 10 drops red food colouring
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a heatproof bowl. Place over boiling water and add milk, beating to avoid lumps. Let thicken (to coat the back of a spoon), remove from heat, beat in egg yolks and egg. Place on heat again for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
Appetizers & Sides
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Classic Deviled Eggs from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Easter Deviled Egg Chicks from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Momma’s Meals
- Ham and Swiss Deviled Eggs from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Hrudka – Ukrainian Egg Cheese for Easter from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Jalapeño Popper Deviled Eggs from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoky Deviled Bacon And Eggs from Taste And See
- Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from An Appealing Plan
Main Dishes (Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Brinner and Dinner!)
- Asparagus Sausage Skillet with Egg from Wholistic Woman
- Baked Eggs in Cream from Tramplingrose
- Baked Scotch Eggs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chorizo, Dubliner, and Vegetable Quiche from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich from My Imperfect Kitchen
- Classic Shirred Eggs with Gruyere and Ham from The Weekend Gourmet
- Egg Biryani from Food Lust People Love
- Egg & Mushrooms Popover from Brunch-n-Bites
- Fri-Tot-Ta from Feeding Big and More
- Hashbrown Egg Nests from The TipToe Fairy
- Italian Style Stuffed Bread from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Jalapeño Popper Quiche from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Japanese Egg Crepes (Kinshi Tamago) from NinjaBaker.com
- Katsudon (Fried Pork Cutlet, Egg, Rice Bowl) from Adventures in All Things Food
- Low Carb Breakfast Pizza from My Life Cookbook
- Make Ahead & Freeze Omelette Cups from Hardly A Goddess
- Mediterranean Quiche from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Mini Frittata with Asparagus and Six Italian Cheeses from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Papas con Huevos (Potato and Egg Tacos) from Kitchen Gidget
- Pasta Carbonara with Shrimp and Leeks from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Poached Eggs over Roasted Asparagus from Monica’s Table
- Potato, Egg and Cheese Scramble from And She Cooks
- Pulled Pork and Black Bean Huevos Rancheros from Cooking on The Ranch
- Spaghetti with Fried Eggs from The Texan New Yorker
- Spam Benedict with Kimchi Aioli from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Quiche Toast Cups with Hashed Browns from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Steak Benedict from Palatable Pastime
- Steak Omelette from From Gate to Plate
- Sun-dried Tomato and Spinach Quiche from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sunny Side Up Burger from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tex-Mex Migas from Caroline’s Cooking
- Toad in the Hole Breakfast Sandwiches from Daily Dish Recipes
- Tomato Asiago Frittata from Books n’ Cooks
- Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs) from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Creamy Flan from The Freshman Cook
- Creme Anglaise from The Redhead Baker
- Croquembouche from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Dark Chocolate Mousse from The Chef Next Door
- Orange Coconut Bundt Cake from Desserts Required
- Pavlova with Strawberry Curd from Love and Confections
- Pistachio Chai Baked Alaska from The Crumby Cupcake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Pies and Plots
- Plus Curried Egg Salad on Toasted Naan and More Eggtastic Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.