I’m hanging out with my fab #SundaySupper peeps, we have meatballs galore AND I’m on holiday with the fam in our lovely Audrey.
Special thanks to Sue from Palatable Pastime for doing all the organizing for this event. She’s a total star.
I’m going to warn you-each one of these recipes is going to make you desperate to make/eat.
I want them all. I just hope I do better this week at commenting on all of them as opposed to my regular visit and drool to the sites. I’ll do my best-small one though, has a very packed schedule for us.
I make these particular meatballs ALL the time. I do them up in a ginormous batch and have them to grab out of the freezer to feed us at at a moment’s notice. I love them because they need very little care and are just packed with veg and spice. Small one takes them in her lunch au naturel but the crowd favourite is to slather them with spaghetti sauce and tuck them into crusty buns.
These are also a great way to clean-up veg in the fridge. I settle into vaguely Mediterranean veg like; zucchini, mushrooms, peppers…you add in the ones you love the best. I’ve done eggplant and tomatoes-just as lovely. Give them a spritz of cooking spray and pop into the oven until toasty.
Now for the magic.
Mix your cooled veg with; ground beef, tomato paste, basil, egg, oatmeal and crushed chili. I like to use a really big potato masher to do this job.
Form into balls and place on a parchment lined sheet to bake-when cooled, bag and enjoy.
I like to bake and then freeze so that they are a truly, grab-and-go dinner.
I also like to use a little scooper so that they’re all the same size and cook all at the same time.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp worstershire
- 4 mashed garlic cloves
- 2 T Italian herbs (I used Gourmet Garden's slightly dried mix)
- 1 cup each; mushrooms, zucchini and peppers
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 3 T tomato paste
- Spritz veg with cooking spray and bake until slightly browned at 350 degrees. Let cool, add to rest of ingredients and divide into golfball sized balls. I got 4 dozen using my little scooper. Bake through (350 degrees fr 15-20 minutes). Cool and either devour at the time or freeze.
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs with Maple Balsamic Sauce from The Crumby Cupcake
- Cheesy Stuffed Pepperoni Pizza Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
- Crab Cake Mini Meatballs with Tartar Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Garlicky Shrimp Meatballs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Turkey Meatballs from Simple and Savory
- Grilled Korean Meatballs from Palatable Pastime
- Saucy Thai Meatballs from Brunch-n-Bites
- Slow Cooker Turkey Appetizer Jelly Meatballs from Noshing With The Nolands
- Stuffed Meatballs from The Freshman Cook
- Tofu Nuggets from NinjaBaker
- Turkey Meatballs in Orange Sauce from Pine Needles In My Salad
- Turkey Meatballs with Marina Sauce from Our Good Life
- Albondigas from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Meatball Soup with Orzo from Get the Good Stuff
- Russian Meatball Soup from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Main Dish Meatballs:
- All-Purpose Meatballs from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bourbon Baked Bean Meatballs from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Italian Meatball Sandwich from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Deep Dish Skillet Meatball Pizza from From Gate to Plate
- General Tso’s Chicken Meatballs from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Gluten-free Meatballs with Homemade Arrabiata Sauce from And She Cooks
- Grandma’s Italian Meatball Subs from Family Around The Table
- Ham Balls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Irish Meatballs from Monica’s Table
- Kefta Mkaouara (Spicy Moroccan Meatballs and Eggs) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Keftedakia (Greek-style Meatballs) from Tramplingrose
- Kofte-Style Lamb Meatballs in a Tomato-Pepper Sauce from Caroline’s Cooking
- Lamb Meatballs with Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce from Taste And See
- Meatball Subs from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs in Tomato Sauce from MyGourmetConnection
- Orecchiette and Meatball Skillet Dinner from Momma’s Meals
- Persian Lamb Meatballs from Food Lust People Love
- Portuguese Meatballs from Family Foodie
- Roasted Vegetable Meatballs from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Saucy Hoisin Chicken Meatballs from Hardly a Goddess
- Slow Cooker Ranch Meatballs Stroganoff from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Spanish Meatballs from The Chef Next Door
- Sriracha Sesame Turkey Meatballs from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Chicken Meatballs over Lemon-Spinach Orzo From Simply Healthy Family
- Swedish Meatballs from Feeding Big and More
- Swedish Meatballs with Zucchini Ribbons from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Sweet & Sour Freezer to Slow-Cooker Meatballs from Wholistic Woman
- Tajine-el-Khoukh (Algerian Stuffed Peaches) from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Thai Meatball Lettuce Wraps from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Thai Spaghetti and Meatballs from Kitchen Gidget
- Thai Red Curry Meatballs with Coconut Curry Sauce from kimchi MOM
- Ultimate Pasta & Meatballs from MealDiva
- Brownie Meatballs with Frosting Spaghetti from Pies and Plots
Plus Buffalo Chicken Meatballs and More Amazing Meatball Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement