Happy Sunday and time for all sort s of treats. Finger foods-which as we know, if eaten while standing up have zero calories. C:
Christie Campbell from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures is our fabulous hostess this week and I can’t wait to try everyone’s ideas out.
Mine comes from the begging of my wee kid after watching a show on British food in the 1970’s. They showed fish fingers being offered to the public for the first time and I think she fell in love.
Having grown up in the ’70’s I was not quite so keen.
So we decided to make our own.
Pretzels. panko, Old Bay and mustard powder got pulverized in the food processor.
Pickeral pieces got dipped into egg wash and then the flavoured crumbs before being baked in a hot oven.
Back to the food processor and we made mayonnaise with; yolks, old bay, lemon juice and canola oil.
Great finger food any time.
- Crumbs (pulverize in food processor):
- 2 tsp Old Bay
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup panko
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 pickerel filet (cut into finger sized pieces)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Old Bay
- 4 egg yolks (note: if you are nursing or pregnant coddle the egg yolks or wait for a few months to try the dip)
- 1 cup oil
- Dip fish into egg and then pat crumbs into the fingers. Place on parchment and bake at 375 until crisp (turn once) approx. 15 minutes.
- Mix dip ingredients together (except the oil) and drizzle in the oil until dip forms.
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Russian Piroshki (Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fried Italian Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Loaded Mashed Potato Balls with Gravy by From Gate to Plate
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Hot Wings by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potato Skins by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Steak Crostini with Roasted Red Pepper Spread by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blackberry Fried Hand Pies by The TipToe Fairy
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Plus Bite-sized Berry Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement