NB This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly.
I love the excuse of a long brunch with friends to have a bit of a cocktail early in the day-I don’t do it often but it seems like such a naughty please when it does happen.
If it can sparkle-I’m even happier.
Lately we’ve been playing with Aperol which is a fab liquor Italy. It has a virulent orange colour with both a sweet and bitter orange flavour. There’s also an herby element with a tiny bit of rhubarb.
Truly something unique and really fun to try.
Start with a pretty glass (totally mandatory). Add Aperol and gin (use a really good one like Tanquery Gem) and throw in a wedge of plum (that’s the boozy fruit you get to munch on at the end). Top with sparkling water and champagne.
This is a pretty boozy drink so; turn off the phone, sip away the afternoon and enjoy being with the folks your with.
- ½ oz each gin and Aperol (for nicest results chill all ingredients before mixing)
- 2 oz each sparking water AND wine
- slice of plum
- Add all ingredients and enjoy.
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Yeast Waffles with Fried Apples by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Crepes by From Gate to Plate
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Yogurt-Marinated Pesto Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up only. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.