Happy second day of #Brunchweek, ready for more fabulous treats?
I love working with this group-the excuse to play with combinations of ingredients that I’ve been thinking about for quite some time and a great bunch to share them with.
I’m always trying to think of my next appetizer recipe and especially ones that I can make ahead and have ready when my guests arrive.
Something a bit different but won’t increase my already bloated, grocery budget.
That should always be the answer to a conundrum.
I started by making a batch of my basic pastry and baking little tarts shells. You can totally skip this step and use premade shells. Folks that would be fussy about that needn’t be asked back.
The next bit is scarily easy. Load your food processor (or blender) with; fresh basil, raspberries, pepper, sugar, chevre, eggs and brie and whizz everything until smooth.
Spoon the mixture into the shells and bake until just set.
As soon as they are out of the oven, pop an extra raspberry on the top and enjoy with a pretty cocktail (recipe coming on Thursday for this one C:).
- 24 tarts shells (baked)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp coarse pepper
- ½ pint of raspberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brie (cut into chunks with the rind on)
- ½ cup chevre
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 24 raspberries (optional garnish for the top)
- Whizz filling ingredients together until smooth and divide between tart shells. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 330 until JUST set. Remove from oven and add raspberry garnish. Cool and serve.
- Bluberry Mint Julep by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Lemon-Glazed Banana and Candied Ginger Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins by Feeding Big and more
- Baked Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts by The Chef Next Door
- Braided Pepperoni Pizza Bread by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- French Toast with Apple Compote and Caramel Syrup by The Redhead Baker
- Lemon Sticky Buns by The Barbee Housewife
- Orange Cardamom Pancakes by Nik Snacks
- Same Day Mock Liege Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple and Caramelized Onion Tart by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Tropical Smoothie by Gluten Free Crumbley
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Breakfast Burger by Cooking In Stilettos
- Fiddlehead, Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Quiche by Palatable Pastime
- Poached Eggs on Asparagus Bundled with Prosciutto on Cheesy Polenta by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Baked Seafood Stuffed Avocados by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Fried Chicken Biscuits and Gravy Sandwich by From Gate to Plate
- Kielbasa Welsh Rarebit by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pulled Pork Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sausage and Fried Apples by Making Miracles
- Brie and Raspberry Tarts by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lemon Meringue Angel Food Cake by Love & Confections
- Lemon Zucchini Bread by Sweet Beginnings
- Tropical Orange Cheesecake with Caramel-Rum Sauce by Wholistic Woman
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up only. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.