This is my last brunch recipe.
What a great week of spreading brunch love and getting so many great ideas from both my fellow bloggers (seriously, these are amazing folks) and our fab sponsors.
PLUS this week has given me a HUGE chance to bake a couple different types of breads which always make me happy.
Here’s a totally fun ‘cake’ that you’ll want at your next brunch or basically any other time gracing a charcuterie platter.
It’s a bit sweet and a lot savory with the addition of rosemary, herbes de provence and most importantly and really great, full-flavour cheese. I used Cabot’s Alpine cheese and the nutty flavour was throughout.
Start with mixing all your dry ingredients together to coat the cheese. I also popped in the zest of a lemon to brighten the flavour.
Eggs, olive oil and milk got folding in before baking in a springform pan.
The whole loaf is just so yummy with that fab cheese, the crunch of cornmeal and musky herbs scenting the whole thing.
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fresh, chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ⅓ cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- pinch salt
- ½ tsp coarse pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients together WITH the cheese to coat the shredded strands and allowing you to have a cheesy bread that has the flavour all throughout.
- Stir in the wet ingredients to just combine and place in a buttered springform pan and bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 or until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Terrific hot or cold on a charcuterie platter.
- Iced Caramel Coffee by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Boston Cream Pie Pancakes by Love & Confections
- Orange Sweet Rolls by Making Miracles
- Lemon Blueberry Waffles with Sweet Blueberry Compote by Cooking In Stilettos
- Rosemary and Cornmeal Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chocolate Muffins by The Texan New Yorker
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cranberry Orange Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Pancakes by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Raspberry Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Watermelon Noodle Salad by Forking Up
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Baked Salmon with Citrus Yogurt Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salted Coffee Caramel Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Frosting by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Fritters with Caramel Icing by From Gate to Plate
- Strawberry Shortcake by Feeding Big and More
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp by Palatable Pastime
- Crispy Apple Cheesecake Danish by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.
Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up only. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Eight winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.