Happy Tuesday and it’s time for the slowcooker to come to the rescue.
I want dinner ready for me tonight but I think my kitchen elves have pulled a Dobby and freed themselves.
‘Slowcooker! Please rescue me’.
My family has never turned down a meatball and we’ve a tonne of ground beef still from our fall cow and our next fall cow isn’t that far away so…
I wanted these ones to be sweet but spicy and need as little effort as possible.
Into a bowl went the meat, grated apples, ginger, garlic and lemongrass.
Form into balls and give a quick brown.
Can you tell I took these photos in our little vintage Boler?
This sauce is a dump and run of cremini mushrooms, soy sauce, honey, maple syrup and a few other goodies and everyone hangs out for hours.
A bit of rice (maybe a glass of vino),
and top with bean sprouts, cilantro and peanuts.
Stormtrooper band-aid on an invisible cut is totally optional.
- 1 T each mashed garlic, lemongrass and ginger
- ⅓ cup grated apple (skin on)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp crushed chili
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 T mashed lemongrass
- 1 T each mashed ginger and garlic
- 1 cup quartered, cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup each maple syrup and hone
- To serve:
- basmati rice
- Mix meatball ingredients together and brown before adding to sauce in your crockpot and placing on low for 7 hours.
- Serve in a big bowl with basmati, sauce and as much salad as each person wants.