Happy Saturday and even happier Guacamole week.
I know it’s a bit of a Christmas miracle to find a post up today as I’ve been taking a bit of a hiatus lately but when Camilla from Culinary Adventures with Camilla asks if you want to have fun with guacamole…how could you ever say no?
A dozen bloggers have come together to share fourteen different guacamole recipes during the month of July. Whether you’re a guacamole purist – think avocado, cilantro and lime – or you get a little more creative – think of some fabulous fold-ins such as pineapple or olives – the #GuacSquad12’s creations will make your mouth water.
Do you adore guacamole? If so, then #GuacSquad12 – a multi-day, multi-blogger event – is for you. Follow the conversation on social media with our event hashtag and visit the participating bloggers for some amazing twists on guac.
Now, that’s super yummy but how about a crackers to pair with?
I mixed; sprouted wheat flour, oatmeal, cumin, mustard powder, lightly dried cilantro, pepper, pinch of salt, brown sugar and shortening.
- 4 peaches (pitted and quartered)
- ⅛ cup each; olive oil, balsaic and honey
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- 4 whole cloves of garlic
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 ripe avocados
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- 1½ cups sprouted wheat flour
- ½ up white flour
- 1½ cups oatmeal (quick)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 T ground cumin
- pinch chipotle
- 1 T mustard powder
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 cup shortening
- ½ cup Gourmet Garden lightly dried cilantro
- Roast peaches at 350 degrees for 25 minutes with everything except the cilantro, lemon juice and avocados.
- Let cool and pulse with cilantro until chunky and mash by hand with lemon juice and avocados.
- Meanwhile, combine cracker ingredients to a smooth dough. Roll to ¼ inch thick, cut to desired size and bake on parchment paper at 350 until browned (10-15 minutes).
7am Pacific/10am Eastern. We’ll be talking guac for an hour!
We are giving away a dozen – yes, twelve! – Guac-Lock™s from Casabella.