Happy Bundt day and hope that your all ready for so many amazing apple things.
Wendy of A Day in the Life on The Farm has very kindly arranged everything this month and has a cake that I’m planning on making TODAY.
First though I’m going to apologize for not writing here lately.
If you follow me on instagram you’ll know that it isn’t for the lack of recipe creating or eating so why no writing?
Well, it’s been interesting-both of my folks have been ill and my dad passed away this spring. Before then things were really not fun and this blog has always been my happy place. A spot to gush about food and just blissfully witter on.
I just couldn’t do that for a bit.
Like a year.
But things are starting to look up and I’m starting to feel like myself again and a few naysayers in my life have happily been extricated from it.
So. I’ll start again and today seems like a good day to do so.
Fall inspired cake that is perfect to celebrate apples.
Moist, wonderful delicious cake.
That has all the good stuff of one of our favourite desserts-apple crumble.
Simple to make and disappears super quickly.
Mix up a ginger and cinnamon spiced batter and crumble,
place half the crumble in the bottom of the pan and fold in lots of chopped apple.
Add half the batter, the rest of the crumble and thinly, sliced apple.
Add the rest of the batter and give it a slow, long bake.
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp each cinnamon and ginger
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 T chopped candied ginger
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅓ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup thinly sliced apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp each ginger and cinnamon
- ½ cup each brown sugar and white sugar
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- ⅔ cup chopped apple
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- Rub together crumble mixture and place half in the bottom of a greased, bundt cake. Mix all the cake ingredients together and place half in pan. Top with the rest of the crumble and the thinly sliced apples. Pour over the remaining batter and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. This is a DENSE cake and super tasty.
- Apple & Nut Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce by kidsandchic
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple and Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Syrup by Patty’s Cake
- Apple Blossom Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Apple Crumble Bundt by Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- Apple French Cruller Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Apple Streusel Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Candy Apple by I Sugar Coat It!
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Making Miracles
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake by Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake by Magnolia Days
- Clotted Cream & Apple Spice Bundt by Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Caramel Apple Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Apple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Jewish Apple Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Jewish Praline Pecan Apple Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lighter Jewish Apple Cake by Cookaholic Wife
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.