Happy Bundt Day!
Thanks to Andrea from Adventures In All Things Food for being such a great hostess.
The best day of the month and the group that literally kept me writing with all their encouragement.
How could you not want to write and play with food when you have a challenge like making a Healthy Cheat, Sneak or Substitute Cake?
Yep, cake that has all the healthy bits hidden away and can get eaten for breakfast.
I love a sneaky, cooking trick.
I think I’ve added every cheat in the book for this one. I’ve got no butter or oil, cocoa that gives all the flavour and none of the naughties, there’s vegetables, smokey five spice, very little flour for the size of the cake AND lots of greek yoghurt.
You add JUST enough flour to hold everything together and it gets baked until puffed and no longer sticky when a knife is inserted into it.
Small one calls this pudding cake.
It’s incredibly dense and chocolaty and really should not work but it’s just sneaky enough.
Perfect for lunchboxes.
- 2½ cups shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp five spice
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cup greek yoghurt (vanilla flavoured)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa
- Beat the wet ingredients together with the spices and the cocoa. Stir in the flour and baking powder and place in a greased bundt. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out cleanly.
- >Almond Bundtlettes by Beatriz at I Love Bundt Cakes
- >Avocado Mini Bundts by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- >Black Forest Tomato Bundt Cake by Shilpi at Simplyveggies
- >Choco-flower Apple Bundt Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- >Chocolate Beet Bundt Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- >Easy Orange Bundt Cake by Nichole at Cookaholic Wife
- >Fall Fruits Bundt Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- >Flourless Chocolate Bundt Cake by Colleen at Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- >Secret Spice Yoghurt Cake by Jane at Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- >Tunnel of Fudge Cake by Bee at The Queen of Scones
- >Vanilla Bean Malt Bundt Cake by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- >Whole Wheat Banana Bundt Cake byAnshie>at Spiceroots
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page