Happy, happy bundy day and thanks to Teri from The Freshman Cook http://www.thefreshmancook.com/ for hosting. What a total star and such a fun person to help us celebrate fall y’all.
This has been our cake of choice to munch on this week for lunches. It packs WAY better than pumpkin pie but gives you all the same flavour.
So moist and so wonderful to savour.
I especially love that this recipe just gets everything dumped into one bowl before a slow bake.
Mix together; eggs, pumpkin, sugar, spices, orange extract, olive oil and a good shot of spiced, dark rum.
Stir in just enough flour to hold together and baking powder to leaven everything.
Pour half into a greased bunt pan before adding chopped pecans. Add the rest of the batter and more pecans.
- 2 cups pumpkin
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ tsp each cloves and Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp each cinnamon and ground ginger
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 T spiced, dark rum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2½ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all but the flour, baking powder and pecans together. Fold in flour and baking powder. Place half the batter into Bundt pan, top with half the pecans and repeat with batter and nuts.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 or until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake by I Camp In My Kitchen
- Apple, Pear and Honey Cider Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are the Crumbs
- Apple Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Cookaholic Wife
- Bundt Cake de Chocolate Blanco y Moras by La Mejor Manera de hacer
- Chestnut Cream Marbled Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Ginger and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Bundt by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive
Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Jack O’Lantern Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Persimmon Apple Bundt by Tea and Scones
- Poached Pear and Cranberry Bundt Cake with Maple Mascarpone Frosting by Sew You Think You Can
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Bundt Cake by Kids and Chic
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake by Patty’s Cake
- Pumpkin Pie Bundt by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting by Living the Gourmet
- Robert E. Lee Bundt Cakeby The Queen of Scones
- Spiced Rum Pumpkin Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Sticky Pecan Pie Bundt by Food Lust People Love
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.