Happy Sunday and time to celebrate those things that kids look forward to and parents…not so much. Sleepovers.
But sleepovers can range from weekends with your girlfriends to a household full of tweens and thanks our hostess Marion of Life Tastes Good we’ve got the whole range covered.
My wee girl is just starting to enter this territory so I’m going to pay extra close attention.
I’ve chosen an updated version of something I loved as a kiddo and I’ve found very few adults can say no to-caramel corn.
Crunchy, sticky, sweet and salty this is treat that ticks all the boxes.
I start popcorn already popped and a really heavy, huge pot. In it I add; butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger, maple syrup, corn syrup and salted peanuts.
Bring to a boil and cook until you reach the hard ball stage. Use either a candy thermometer or test in cold water.
Add in the popcorn, sprinkle in salt, stir and pour into a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet. Top with chocolate chips and stir again.
Be ever so careful with your candy mix. There are few things that burn you as badly as hot sugar.
Let cool and enjoy with a good story and a fizzy bevie.
- 6 cups popped corn
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup each maple and corn syrup
- ½ tsp each cinnamon and ground ginger
- 1 cup salted, roasted peanuts
- Finishing flavours
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Bring the candy mixture to a boil in a heavy, large pot. Cook to hard ball stage before adding the popcorn and salt. Pour onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet and sprinkle with chocolate. Stir to distribute the chocolate and let cool.
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham Egg Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Mini Port Wine Chocolate Covered Apples by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- Crispy Tortilla Cookie Cutouts by Palatable Pastime
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pizza Popcorn by Feeding Big
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: